stupid question but how can i make win10 autologin?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
I checked the directions online and I don't have the option to enable auto login or whatever they ask there
theres no password(I left blank when prompted to set up the password)
but it still doesn't go directly to desktop

Am I wrong, or is it useless to tweak windows 10 to your liking because in about 6 months, Microsoft will change it with an updated version, and all your tweaks will be gone?

You're wrong

+1 its more the privacy settings that can be reverted(will changed if they release a new feature of some sort), than general functionality stuff.

Anyways, dont use autologin! massive security risk..

Unless you like keeping your front door open for anyone to walk in?:cool:

You're wrong
please do enlighten me as how you prevent Windows 10 from resetting your settings when it updates to a newer version.
I admit I do not use Windows10 on my personal pc, but I have heard from many that your personal settings and tweaks get hosed with every new edition installed.
Stating "your wrong" isn't enough to convince me otherwise

Last edited:
Personal experience, the only thing that's been changed on my machine is the update service we all talked about in another thread. As of 1809 they now have dependencies on that so I gave up trying. Anything else stays the same, even my disabled Defender. Same for the other 4 machines in my house, 3 servers, and 2 VMs.

Personally I say dont use autologin.
I mean you lock the door to your house right?
You lock your car too right?
I mean yes locks can be broken and sadly things happen but a password is still a good method to keep your system safe.
A password only takes a few seconds to type and is not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom