Mac n Cheese

That's like a rich man's Hamburger Helper! I'd love to try that, for sure, esp if the meatballs were done in the crock pot, holy cow.

I never tried that, I might look up some meatball recipes and bust out the crock pot. I don't really use it as much as I should, usually just for chicken which comes out amazing btw.

I never tried that, I might look up some meatball recipes and bust out the crock pot. I don't really use it as much as I should, usually just for chicken which comes out amazing btw.

I use a crockpot whenever possible. I've got a 6 qt, a 5 qt, and a 4qt. I just made a big batch of beef stew in the 6 qt Saturday, and my MiL made kraut and kielbasa in the 4 qt today.

Chicken? What kind of chicken do you use and do you let it cook in the crock pot or do you cook then transfer over to it?

One of my go-to recipes is Salsa Chicken! 2 lbs, of skinless/boneless breast, and about 32 oz of good salsa (I typically use Mrs. Renfro's Mild Green Jalepeno and Black Bean Salsa together) on low for 8 hours or high for 4. Put it over rice with sour cream and a little bit of cheese...oh boy, effin delicious, and it feeds EVERYbody.

I use a crockpot whenever possible. I've got a 6 qt, a 5 qt, and a 4qt. I just made a big batch of beef stew in the 6 qt Saturday, and my MiL made kraut and kielbasa in the 4 qt today.

Do you have your own recipe for stew, or do you have one you tried once and just stuck with?

Chicken? What kind of chicken do you use and do you let it cook in the crock pot or do you cook then transfer over to it?

I know you were asking Dgen, but like I said above, as someone who makes Salsa Chicken 3-4 times a month, I use boneless/skinless breasts or tenders, usually Foster Farms.

Just drop in boneless, raw chicken. I then put in whatever sauce I want or buy those Cambell's slow cooker sauces and let the chicken cook on low for 6-8 hours. So tender, juicy and delicious. But most of all it's super easy and lazy but tastes terrific. Of course they have sauces for pork or steak too.

Campbell's-Slow-Cooker-Sauces.jpg

Do you have your own recipe for stew, or do you have one you tried once and just stuck with?

Nothing really special as far as the recipe. I eyeball most of it. To me it is the seasonings that make it and I toss in what sounds good. This time I cut up the meat into small cubes (about 3/4") and tossed it with about 1/3 cup of flour, salt, and pepper in the bottom of the crockpot. I used four ribs of celery, two huge potatoes, and four large carrots, a can of Campbells' Tomato soup (was out of diced tomatoes), four cups of beef stock, four cloves of minced garlic, one large onion, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, extra S&P. I tossed in some frozen peas and corn later on, and used a cornstarch slurry to thicken it up a little more at the end. It ended up cooking all day on low, tossed in the fridge, and then heated back up the next day. It was the extra long simmering and the night's rest that made the difference.

Just drop in boneless, raw chicken. I then put in whatever sauce I want or buy those Cambell's slow cooker sauces and let the chicken cook on low for 6-8 hours. So tender, juicy and delicious. But most of all it's super easy and lazy but tastes terrific. Of course they have sauces for pork or steak too.

Campbell's-Slow-Cooker-Sauces.jpg

Ohhhh, I've never seen these! I'll definitely have to incorporate them when I cook some chicken or pork or beef up!

Nothing really special as far as the recipe. I eyeball most of it. To me it is the seasonings that make it and I toss in what sounds good. This time I cut up the meat into small cubes (about 3/4") and tossed it with about 1/3 cup of flour, salt, and pepper in the bottom of the crockpot. I used four ribs of celery, two huge potatoes, and four large carrots, a can of Campbells' Tomato soup (was out of diced tomatoes), four cups of beef stock, four cloves of minced garlic, one large onion, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, extra S&P. I tossed in some frozen peas and corn later on, and used a cornstarch slurry to thicken it up a little more at the end. It ended up cooking all day on low, tossed in the fridge, and then heated back up the next day. It was the extra long simmering and the night's rest that made the difference.

Dude. This sounds...SO delicious.

Hi iParanormalx! I do not understand the urge to own every single Apple devices! I am an iPhone fan, but I always tend to use my smartphones to the max! I find it pretty pointless to get excited as soon as a new device is released. You can certainly get the latest MacBook Air, I personally find it way more complicated to use than regular Windows laptops!

Back
Top Bottom