Can't hear sound on microphone

Somebody18

Beta member
Hi,

I have a problem with a usb mircophone, this is what it is exactly

TRUST - 20378 - Mico USB Desktop Microphone | CPC UK

It used to work just fine then one day I simply was not able to hear my voice. I sometimes do online tests to check to see if my microphone is working. What's really strange is that they can detect my microphone and I can see data that indicates that my voice is being picked up. So you will have a line or something else and it will move as I speak, this indicates that the sound of my voice is being picked up but I can't hear it.

I've tried all sorts of thing, I've tried going to my control panel and it says the device is working. I've checked the volume levels and updated the drivers, I've also tried plugging in the microphone into different usb slots but still nothing.

So I'm pretty stuck right now, any ideas?

If you can see the line picking up your voice when you talk etc then the mic itself must be functional so that's a good start. If you have another pc/laptop to test with though then that'd be a good idea, just to 100% rule out any fault with the mic hardware

What OS are you running?

In all likelihood, listening is not turned on. PS. This is normal, so it as it should be.
Here is how to turn it on.
rCu9Nv0.jpg

If you can see the line picking up your voice when you talk etc then the mic itself must be functional so that's a good start. If you have another pc/laptop to test with though then that'd be a good idea, just to 100% rule out any fault with the mic hardware

What OS are you running?

Windows 10.

In all likelihood, listening is not turned on. PS. This is normal, so it as it should be.
Here is how to turn it on.
rCu9Nv0.jpg

Thank you so much it worked. That was basically the root of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom