i need a EASY 2 USE endoscope

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i need a waterproof, lighted 10-15M endoscope, that is either plug and play (preferable) to toss in a disk and follow directions installation. and it has to work with windows 10 without setup problems. has anyone had any experience with one?

need to see what is plugging a drain pipe. we had no problems until a get together .there were 4 or 5 small kids, so ANYTHING is possible. if it can be destroyed without to much cost or trouble, that is the easiest route. but if its something solid, the shovels will have to come out, and it will be a BAD WEEKEND!

besides, have you ever had a colonoscopy? there is a REASON they give you some of the BEST DRUGS on the planet!

I'd just pour some Drano down there and wait a bit - if it doesn't clear, *then* worry about gettin all endoscope-y with it :p
Or have you looked into hiring a Drain Snake?

i own a snake. that is how i know there is something in there. but i can not move it. the snake is not firm enough to get ugly with it. and it will not grab on to it either.

Well, a camera wont do you much of any good if the snake + drill combo wont work... You are pretty much at the point of estimating how far down the pipe the clog is by measuring where the snake stops at, and cutting the pipe open.

actually a camera will help. if it is soft, like say a stuffed animal, i can try to pry and bend the end of the snake open a little bit, to try to puncture a hole in it and drag it back out. if its a ball filled with air, the same trick should at least deflate the ball, which i can hopefully back out. but if it is something hard, like wood or hard plastic, then i will have to do surgery. i found a camera snake at Amazon, and ordered one last night. it should be here sunday. not soon enough, but i could not find any place even semi local (50 mile radius) that had one in stock. Amazon.com: DBPOWER 2 MP 15M USB Waterproof Hd 6-led Borescope Endoscope Inspection Tube Camera(Silver Head): Industrial & Scientific i figure i will use a tennis ball with holes cut in it (for the lense) to keep the camera lense clean and dry. i think the best case scenario is that what is in there can be grabbed,or maybe dissolved (acid), or pushed thru into a larger pipe where it can make a slow journey to the septic tank. once there, it will no longer be a problem.

I don't think you need to cover or protect the camera. According to the specs, it's waterproof. Plus, putting more stuff into your pipes to cause more clogs doesn't sound like a good idea. Lastly, if you're going to put drano in there again, remember that it IS caustic and can eat into your pipes as well.

Back
Top Bottom