Why does our forum show up here? Weird...

steve10765

Daemon Poster
So I was searching the web with some of my common usernames, this one caught my eye, look at the URL.
Capture!!!!.PNG
Time to investigate!

The domain brings us to auxmoney Kredit 2015 - Die Alternative zur Bank . The language is German and is some loan/banking type website.

This is my original post I found in the forums http://www.techist.com/forums/f109/do-you-guys-do-folding-home-money-262770/

I also noticed the post count says 582, so that means its been updated fairly recently(current post count is 592).

Any ideas?!?!?

Looks like the German site is using your post as an attention getter to pull in some clicks. While there have been a very few teams/sponsors who did pay people to Fold back in the day it was not for much and it has all died out AFAIK.

I guess congrats are in order for being clickbait. ;)

The post count is a running total of all of your posts. If you looked up your very first post it would show your current post count on it.

Looks like the German site is using your post as an attention getter to pull in some clicks. While there have been a very few teams/sponsors who did pay people to Fold back in the day it was not for much and it has all died out AFAIK.

I guess congrats are in order for being clickbait. ;)

The post count is a running total of all of your posts. If you looked up your very first post it would show your current post count on it.

Thank you haha:cool:

Any idea how my post could've got there though, even with the language barrier?

Back
Top Bottom