Monitor Color Issues

JoetheGrim

Beta member
It's been a few months now, and I've been unable to fix this issue.

Monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 2220LM,
OS is Win 7 32b

In the image below, look just to the right of the checkerboard, the colors are 'spilling' to the right. It's most noticeable with high contrast colors.

LYWWIui.png

After some research, I decided to buy a new VGA cable for the monitor, it helped, but the issue is still there.

From what I've gathered, it's mostly the age of the monitor and there's not much to be done; still if you know more than I do, I'd like to know if it can be fixed or if it's just better to start saving money for a new monitor, since this one is almost 5-6 years old now.

Also, after exchanging the cables, my monitor now doesn't have the option to go up to 1920x1080 like it used to, for some reason the maximum resolution is now 1600x1200. I would appreciate any help with this issue as well.

I don't see any color spill on my monitor. But it's not an old monitor or running over VGA ;). I'd say replace it with something newer that has at least DVI instead of VGA so you can get a better digital signal rather than analog (VGA).

As for the resolution... according to the specs, the max res is: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
If you were at 1080 before, then it was probably running at a different refresh rate (the 60 Hz at the end is the refresh rate). You can change this under the Screen Resolution menu -> Advanced Settings -> Monitor tab.

I don't see any color spill on my monitor. But it's not an old monitor or running over VGA ;). I'd say replace it with something newer that has at least DVI instead of VGA so you can get a better digital signal rather than analog (VGA).

As for the resolution... according to the specs, the max res is: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
If you were at 1080 before, then it was probably running at a different refresh rate (the 60 Hz at the end is the refresh rate). You can change this under the Screen Resolution menu -> Advanced Settings -> Monitor tab.

Is there a chance for this to be a problem with something other than the monitor?

Ah, I must have made a mistake then, in regards to the resolution, It was indeed at 1680x1050 originally. Still, looking at where you pointed me at, I can't seem to change the refresh rate to anything other than 60. Also, I forgot to mention, that the monitor shows me that it isn't using an optimal resolution when I turn it on.

Not all monitors support changing the refresh rate. As for the message..are you running at the correct resolution (1680x1050)? You should be able to turn that message off in the OSD of the monitor somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom