What is Bitcoin?

When I first heard of Bitcoins, they were going for $1. and then they went up to $300. and I think they went back down. I suppose it can be very risky using bitcoins but more and more retailers are accepting bitcoins as currency
Newegg.com - BITCOIN ACCEPTED
you can mine for your own bitcoins but it ain't cheap getting set up and paying the electrical costs to mine bitcoins

hey guys I know its irrelevant but I just started learning language R.

I need to understand that does that mean
5+5
[1] 10
> # this is a comment
> x<-5; y=10
> x <-y<-15
> x^2

How can I set the value of x?

Is that your homework?
you won't get much help if you want someone to do it for you, but you might get someone to explain it to you

Last edited:
hey guys I know its irrelevant but I just started learning language R.

I need to understand that does that mean
5+5
[1] 10
> # this is a comment
> x<-5; y=10
> x <-y<-15
> x^2

How can I set the value of x?

Please direct further programming questions to our programming board:
Programming - Tech & Computer Forums

To answer your question:
The R language, for programmers | John D. Cook

"<-" is the assignment operator. So you would have
x <- 5
to assign a value of 5 to x.

Simple definition - Bitcoin is a one of digital currency, created and held electronically. No one controls it or handles it. Bitcoins are not physically, like dollars or euros or other – they're produced by human and web economic experts.

To quote from a fairly comprehensive article on Bitcoin (https://emerging.technology/cc/bitcoin-guide/) that I think is a good definition:

"Bitcoin is an electronic store of value and medium for trade, that uses a combination of algorithms and other code to replace the need for a trusted central bank, and allows for quasi-anonymous direct transfers of value between peers, without middlemen."

Back
Top Bottom