are we having another outbreak of forced bloatware and popup ads?

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
I noticed lately that we are coming back to the days when one piece of software came with about 20 stupid and useless addons from sponsors except now they try to trick you into installing them instead of forcing you like back in the day

and same thing with popups they are just retarded annoying ads allover webpages that threw me right back to early 2000s and late 90s

am I missing something?

did some law get passed again or someone paid someone off to be able to troll the internet and freeware again?

it wasn't too bad for a while. until this year it seems to be back in full swing. ads and bloatware packaged with everything

I've noticed it a lot with free software with the likes of AVG, and a lot of other stuff. If you install some browsers you have various options to install third party software as to the likes of Multimedia plugins and various Addwware ECT:

I'm not just saying this but I never accept third party Software on my system, If I can't find a Application that will do what I want I will find an alternative way around it. Call me boring but I don't like **** on my system, Addware, Even Antimalwear Addon's ECT:

Can't say I've noticed an "Outbreak" of it... kind of always been that way.

Might seem "more aggressive" because more little companies are including that stuff to increase revenue (they have deals with the companies they add optional installers for, usually).

It's becoming more common for more companies, sure. Prime example would be uTorrent coming packaged with Conduit. But that's about it, it's always been a problem.

Back
Top Bottom