Please help! Cant connect to the internet via wifi or with ethernet cable

sidman24

Beta member
I wanted my latptop to be reset so I could give it to a friend. Everything worked fine before I ran the OS disk. Now I try to connec to the internet and it wont work. The message "this computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured" popped up. So I tried to plug in a an ethernet cable and it still wont let me connect to the internet! In my device manager bar under other devices a network controller is there with a yellow excplanation point. So I was going to go to the dell link provided in another forum and update the drivers, but I cant do that if I cant connect to the internet at all! My laptop is a dell inspiron 1545. Please help me, thank you!

Support for Home | Dell US

The above is the Dell Driver search page. After re-installing a new OS, you need to resinstall the drivers for the hardware in the laptop. Your wireless and networking are most likely non-functioning because they don't have the proper drivers installed.

Follow the instructions on that page and you should be good.

Yes, all the files appear to be executables. Just download all of them and run them on your computer. There are probably some 20-30 of them but some of them might not be necessary. Most of my HP laptop drivers were just for media center crap that was bloatware.

Yes, all the files appear to be executables. Just download all of them and run them on your computer. There are probably some 20-30 of them but some of them might not be necessary. Most of my HP laptop drivers were just for media center crap that was bloatware.

Im sorry. Im not a very techy person.. haha.. I put the files into a folder on a USB drive. Now when I stick the USB drive into my laptop, how do install them onto my laptop? There are so many files and folders to choose from.. I am just confused.. please help! sorry! :/

Im sorry. Im not a very techy person.. haha.. I put the files into a folder on a USB drive. Now when I stick the USB drive into my laptop, how do install them onto my laptop? There are so many files and folders to choose from.. I am just confused.. please help! sorry! :/

No problem, that's what this forum is for :).

How many drivers do you have installed? If they are all .exe files, double-click them and run them within the computer.

The computer will probably prompt you to restart after the first driver is installed, don't allow a restart until you've installed all the drivers in your USB drive. It's simply a way to save time.

This link has a kind of catch-all tutorial on how to install drivers on a laptop:

How to Install Drivers on a Laptop | eHow

Back
Top Bottom