Roku Streaming Stick

helix2301

In Runtime
Roku has recently released the Streaming Stick. One of the most interesting home theater products at CES 2012, packing an entire streaming-video box into what looks like an oversized USB dongle. Roku Streaming Stick sells for $99. That's the same price as its flagship Roku 2 XS and, in fact, Roku says the Streaming Stick is largely a Roku 2 XS in a smaller enclosure.

I do like the Roku better then Apple TV and Google TV.

Laptops or Netbooks are pretty practical...

They consume more energy and are more expensive. If you're looking for a small, inexpensive solution, then something like the Roku products are nice.

Only thing, in order to use the Roku stick as previously mentioned is you need a Roku-stick compatible TV. Not all TV's will have that compatibility.

They consume more energy and are more expensive. If you're looking for a small, inexpensive solution, then something like the Roku products are nice.

Only thing, in order to use the Roku stick as previously mentioned is you need a Roku-stick compatible TV. Not all TV's will have that compatibility.

Monthly fee for streaming?

ive bought both the mk802 android stick and ug802 android stick which are both comparable to this device.

i like the mk802 for its native android interface and expansion ports. but it sucks at doing things quickly.

so i bought the ug802 for the increased memory and faster arm proc. its snappy but lacks expansion ports and locks you into their speical ui. blech.

i may try out the roku at some point for the internet dvr feature. i think its limited use right now tho.

i still default back to using a laptop via hdmi cus android has compatibility issues with certain apps / websites.

Back
Top Bottom