Asus P4P800 SE Ai Series Motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevMiester003

Baseband Member
Hi.
im kinda new to tech forums. yet i have a good fealing ill be posting alot soon :D.

Ne way back to the point. i have recently upgraded my ram to 768mb ddr ram and am about to go to another 1024mb ram and thats gonna be 1700+ of ram (cant be bothered working it out) and i know thats hefty. one of my mates reckons that only some motherboards can handle that sort of thing. but hes not sure about mine. can anyone here inform me on if the Asus P4P800 SE Ai Series Motherboard. can handle 1792mb of RAM

(i have 4 RAM Slots and 2 are being used, 1 512mb and 1 256mb.. im going to get a 1024mb ram card and slap it in.)

i think for that particular board it should handle maybe a little over 2 gig, if not just plain 2, if anyone can provide chev with a more accurate answer, i invite you to, but most newer boards can usually handle 2gb, so in answer to your question you should theoretically be able to put that memory in your pc without hassle, but the strange amount of ram may upset it, if you start getting funny errors, just remove the smaller stick of the 3, you will be fine. trial and error. if you find that your machine plays up, try swapping the places of the ram, or remove a stick and see if it errors again, keep trying combinations till it stops beeping/freezing/whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom