Identifying your current hardware for upgrades

tj_extreme

Daemon Poster
Before I start this post, if any of the mods decide it's unnecessary, then by all means delete it. If not, please sticky it. Trying to resolve the system specs issue.

When inquiring about upgrades to your rig, it helps us to know what's under the hood. If you don't know all of your system specs, and don't know how to find them out, here's how:

Download the latest version of CPU-Z, available here: CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

If you're having trouble finding the download, it's on the side:

View attachment 5361

Download, install, run.

When you get to this screen:

View attachment 5362

Click validate at the bottom.

When the dialog box pops up, enter the info (including e-mail address) in the top fields:

View attachment 5363

After clicking submit, it will open up a new browser window, or tab, and give you this page:

View attachment 5364

Copy and past the URL into your post.

If for some reason you can't get CPU-Z to validate, try Belarc Advisor: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Happy posting! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• cpuzdl.jpg
    cpuzdl.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 22
  • softwares-cpuz-01.jpg
    softwares-cpuz-01.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 22
  • validate.jpg
    validate.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 22
  • browser.jpg
    browser.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 19
Question? Why can't they just right click on (My) Computer and select Properties. It gives all the same info as CPUz.

5citk4.jpg

I mean can you get the same exact information from that as you can from the screenshot you gave? In fact I see more info. All I see is CPU specs, I dont see anything about how much RAM, or what type of OS it is. So actually doing it that way would give more info. Plus it gives CPU info so you can find out what type it is easily.

Just saying if you guys are really trying to help streamline helping people with upgrades, then how is only knowing CPU going to help? Unless your going to say they have to screenshot every tab on there so that you can get all the information. But at that point, Belarc Advisor would be just fine as a replacement and give you more info as well. Not trying to be negative, I am trying to help. I would rather see a copy/paste of Belarc Advisor than 10 screenshots of CPUz.

Question? Why can't they just right click on (My) Computer and select Properties. It gives all the same info as CPUz.

5citk4.jpg

I mean can you get the same exact information from that as you can from the screenshot you gave? In fact I see more info. All I see is CPU specs, I dont see anything about how much RAM, or what type of OS it is. So actually doing it that way would give more info. Plus it gives CPU info so you can find out what type it is easily.

Just saying if you guys are really trying to help streamline helping people with upgrades, then how is only knowing CPU going to help? Unless your going to say they have to screenshot every tab on there so that you can get all the information. But at that point, Belarc Advisor would be just fine as a replacement and give you more info as well. Not trying to be negative, I am trying to help. I would rather see a copy/paste of Belarc Advisor than 10 screenshots of CPUz.

I get what you're saying, but I'll give you this, my CPU-Z validation, click on it, look at all the info you have: RAM (with more info on it than Windows), GPU, CPU, Motherboard, just not the OS, but I'm sure most people can figure that out.

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

That's for my old 2600k rig, after I stripped it down to the bones, just for the record.

Not asking for any screenshots.

Well the only reason I bring it up, is that I have had a heck of a time trying to get CPUz to validate my stuff. It has not worked in Win7 for me for some time. Oddly enough, it just worked in Win8 with no issues. o.0

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

So I see what your saying. I would suggest Belarc Advisor for those that cant get it validated for some odd reason.

Back
Top Bottom