In need of more RAM

Guys would I find the make and model of the motherboard ON the motherboard or is it in the BIOS?? I haven't had a chance to pull it apart. I'll try that computer fixing business and see if they can tell me the model. The best part is the PC was originally bought from them. So they have to have a record of the fix they did on it 2 years later.

Okay guys I just found out from the PC fixing company. This tower is not an LG. It's a HP. It has a LG disk drive which made me think that it was an LG. So I will edit the first post. Perhaps HP website may have it on there. BTW Did I mention that is has an Intel Pentium 4 Processor? If so add that to our database of knowledge.

They don't know the model though.

OKAY I pulled the thing apart. I have 2 RAM chips. 1 512MB and 1 256 MB chips. So guys I am sure your PC's have a calculator do the math. Anyway. While I was examining the RAM I noticed some writing on top of the processor fan. It said:

Code:
INTEL
A80856-001
N  2509D  D
F08G-12B2S1  02AC1
DC12V  0.18A
NIDEC CORP.

Sorry for the coding box but I needed it to keep the formating that I had used.

Can anyone identify what any of that means?? I'll post the RAM pics in a minute.

Here's the RAM:

sdc10087h.th.jpg

sdc10083l.th.jpg

sdc10082ih.th.jpg

sdc10076o.th.jpg

If you can't turn the system on to actually get the CPU-Z stats, then look on the case and see if there is a sticker with a model number either on the front, side, top, or back. If it's an HP, it will have a model number.

Where can I find the CPU-Z? I can turn it on now. It works. Not like the old tower that wouldn't even turn on stupid thing.

If you can get into Windows and have an internet connection, crucial.com is where you want to go. It will give you the info you want.

CPU-Z can be found via any search engine.

Back
Top Bottom