• Turn it on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it off

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Alright it is time for some feedback. This is a 2 part question so please make sure you answer both.

1. How are we doing with the News section? Is there any changes you would like to see? Maybe a section for mobile phones, Tablets or just mobile devices in general? How about additional sites or items you would like seen posted? Let us know.

2. Since we have the ability to control who posts in the News area we are considering turning on the RSS Feed for that area and that area alone. Would this be something you would want so that you can get your news directly from TF?

Now the reason behind the RSS is simple. We control who posts there so no Spam would ever hit it. We may consider in the future to expand upon it to other areas. This does not mean next week or even next month. It may not even be till next year so dont ask when we will expand it. Turning it on for the News area is our test run to see how much attention it draws and if it will be worth it to have RSS at all.

So give us your feedback on these 2 items please.

Regards,
KSoD
Tech-Forums Junior Administrator

Yes, I think a seperate forum for mobile devices is needed. Rather than throwing them in The Net.

I think RSS would be a good idea, but now we get random things popping up, not any specifics.

Should make a choice to feel either way. Shows that they are neither agreeing nor disagreeing.

i think your userbase is more interested in hardware. i see the post counts for the computer hardware section are higher than computer software. I think its best to focus the news on hardware, windows, and mobile. I added mobile in there because i know its hot and still picking up pace. More and more people are buying mobile devices and they will want to do research on what it can do and compare with others.

Before today, i never looked into the News forums. I see this site more as QnA except for the tips and tricks sub-forums. Promotion of the RSS feeds may be most useful in tips n tricks. I voted no. I would rather ask TF to send a newletter on a periodic basis than create a RSS feed. Currently, i do not use any rss reader. So another question is, "Who else uses RSS daily?"

Well, mostly in hardware, yes. They do however look at other news as the net and software.

I don't think multimedia is a need. Just incorporate that with misc.

Any update on this? I see not many people voted. But 4 to 1...

If you are currently talking about this amongst yourselves, please let us know why are currently considering it. Don't leave us clueless. :crazy:

5 votes, 70 views. Less than 7% interest. I would not call that a win for the 4 that did vote for it. There is clearly no interest so nothing will come from it.

Well, as for the news section, I think we get more guests than members.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it, despite our ideas.

That maybe true for the news section, but this is a Site Suggestion area where our Members should be viewing and giving feedback. To get only 70 views is pathetic. To get only 5 votes, one of which is from me, is even worse. It isnt worth my time to even explain the ideas since clearly it is falling on deaf ears anyways. I was trying to do something that many people previously said they wanted only to have it die right when we found a way we could implement it.

Back
Top Bottom