World's First Mechanical Keyboard Designed For Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
World's First Mechanical Keyboard Designed For Gaming

Razer, the world's leading manufacturer of high-end precision gaming and lifestyle peripherals, today announced the Razer BlackWidowâ„¢ mechanical gaming keyboard engineered for gamers who demand superior tactile feedback and comfort while playing.

1282223328Lcg8dBBk8K_1_1.jpg

Most mechanical keyboards in the market today are standard mechanical keyboards rebadged as gaming keyboards that feature stiff keys that cause key actuation fatigue. Such keyboards are inherently worse off for gamers as it actually decreases gameplay performance as opposed to enhancing it. As a result, most professional gamers eschew such marketing gimmicks for regular membrane keyboards.

How do they define mechanical? If its not membrane? Really don't see where they're going with this, is it just a scissor (laptop like?) style that has more travel? Personally, I'll stick with my Logitech Illuminated till it turns to dust, best keyboard I've ever used. Keys are quiet, but they have a tactile(y?) click, don't travel too far, light up!, and its impossible to not push a key down entirely.

Home | Razer BlackWidow | Razerâ„¢ | For Gamers by Gamersâ„¢

Standard keyboards
Membrane (standard) keyboards are by far the most commonly used with today's computers. They are designed so that all the keycaps are positioned above rubber domes, which in turn are above a plastic membrane that spreads over the entire keyboard.

Mechanical keyboards
Every key on the Razer BlackWidow has its own independent mechanical key switch mechanism, delivering crisp response and tactile feedback for a completely different feel with each key stroke.

whatmechkb3.jpg
whatmechkb2.jpg

whatmechkb5.jpg
whatmechkb4.jpg

whatmechkb6.jpg

Cool, I type a lot faster with the ancient 'clicky' kind of keyboard, of which there are dozens knocking about the house and loft. Speed of typing has been a main concern for me picking a decent keyboard, so I guess I could consider this - the price is a bit steep, though.

Have you used the wave yet? Is there a difference between that and your standard ergonomic keyboard in terms of feel? It was an option for me to get a work but I haven't decided yet, never heard of it before.

Have you used the wave yet? Is there a difference between that and your standard ergonomic keyboard in terms of feel? It was an option for me to get a work but I haven't decided yet, never heard of it before.

I got to try it out a few times, it's very different from the standard ergonomic. It feels more like you're typing on a standard, but it's better for your wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom