BSOD after installing new processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvvmm

In Runtime
Hi, I have installed a new amd 955 processor into my am2+/am3 board. The bios are up to date. They happen at random. When I am on the internet or when I am not even using the computer. These didnt happen until I installed the new processor.

The STOP code is the really long code of numbers that are shown on the BSOD.

Well i can solve this issue with 1 simple remark.

You failed to reinstall your OS. Your install of Windows is still using the drivers from the previous CPU. Those drivers like the chipset drivers are what Windows uses to help control the mobo and the CPU from within the OS and prevent issues like you are experiencing.

Reinstall your OS and resolve your issues. Windows can NOT just have a CPU switched on it and be expected to operate properly. You cant use a set of keys for a Honda and expect to drive a Ferrari. Dont expect Windows to use drivers from an older AMD processor with a newer AMD processor.

Well i can solve this issue with 1 simple remark.

You failed to reinstall your OS. Your install of Windows is still using the drivers from the previous CPU. Those drivers like the chipset drivers are what Windows uses to help control the mobo and the CPU from within the OS and prevent issues like you are experiencing.

Reinstall your OS and resolve your issues. Windows can NOT just have a CPU switched on it and be expected to operate properly. You cant use a set of keys for a Honda and expect to drive a Ferrari. Dont expect Windows to use drivers from an older AMD processor with a newer AMD processor.

Okay thanks for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom