Battlefield 2/gamespy ID issues, and mic issues. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I just bought this last night since it was only $10! :) Plus the new patch is out so I figured what the heck.

Had a few odd issues and questions. I'm updated to 1.5 patch.

First, the mic. I'm not really sure if my mic is working or not. I read many topics about how the mic won't work with Vista period. However those topics were very old, dating back to 2005. So here is my issue. The mic test setup doesn't work what so ever. So I skipped that and went into the in game test. It didn't seem to work either unless I was making noise/sound right as I clicked the "test" button. It was like it didn't pick up my mic unless there was sound right when I clicked the button. Very odd. I know my mic works outside of this game too. Skype and such with no issues. Any ideas? I wanted to try it in game but wasn't sure how to talk or if other people had mics?? Default key is "B" correct?

Second, my gamespy id. This is so weird! Ok I haven't log into my gamspy id(s) in years! I have never played Battlefield 2 previous either. Well I did the forgot password deal in game. Made a new password and then tried to log in. This didn't work. I tried nickname and email and neither of them worked. Well I have two email accounts that I have used over the years. I thought I would try my other email account and see if it would work. So I did the forgot password deal again for the other email. Well this time when I did that Gamespy took me to a screen that said I need to come up with a new handle because the one I tried to use is already in use. I think this happened because a long time ago I started to make that account and gave up in the middle of it because they didn't have the nickname I wanted. I just closed the browser. Well get this, I went back to BF2 and tried to log in with the most common user name I use, Chad711 and the NEW password I made for both gamespy ID's last night. It worked!!! So I am so freaking confused on how this worked?? Does anyone know what the heck is going on? I would like to know what email address my Chad711 nickname is tied to because it just doesn't make any sense how this worked??? :confused::confused::confused:

Sorry this was long. ;)

Great! Yeah it was some what frustrating. The user interface is also not that great imo.

I seriously do not understand how I was able to log in with Chad711 when I was never able to use that handle on Gamespy...AND it let me use the password I just made that night!!! I know for a fact I never used that password back many years ago. So weird...if I could find out what email address was used for Chad711 that would answer my questions I am sure. I just don't know of any other email I would use.

Yeah, bf games are kinda weird sometimes. It's been so long since I last played one. Can't you get like 30 ping or something ridiculous like that in a good server? This is unheard of in Cod.

Few questions since i have played.

Is there a way to quick equip a secondary weapon instead of scrolling through each weapon?

I ranked up in sniper last night. I just read this when I was in the middle of a game. How can I check to see what, if anything that rank unlocked?

the number keys (not numpad) like 1-5 will select a weapon. So a secondary would be like 2 or something.

Under the BFHQ menu you should be able to see weapon unlocks.

OK thanks.

This game is so jacked up. I save my user name and password on this game and every time I launch the game and click login it tells me my password is wrong. How could it be if that is what is saved and I logged in with it last time?

Seriously messed up

BF2 is a bit different, but it is fun once you get it going. I'm not even sure I remember my name and password it has been so long.

I can tell you from experience that playing with a group of friends is better than lone wolfing. My clan uses TeamSpeak and the communication makes a world of difference. While the game has VOIP, it is not the same.

The same goes for squading up. It can make a huge difference in a round when a single squad acts as a whole. My clan has literally turned the tide by forming a unit that worked together and reached our objectives.

Thanks for the tips but I don't know any one so I'm a loner for now, lol.

How can I stop the "Enemy sniper spotted" "Enemy blah blah blah spotted" that people keep selecting over and over? I saw a TAB right click option to mute mics but I never hear any one talking any way. How can I stop the constant Q menu stuff people keep doing? It's so annoying. I just left a game because of it.

Commander spam is, unfortunately, a part of the game. Some people are just idiots.

When I command I use a lot of those, but I use them to let my team know where the enemy is outside of UAV coverage. Your commander may be doing the same thing, whether you realize it or not.

What gripes me is the morons who shout "Enemy boat/vehicle/chopper spotted" on an infantry-only map. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom