Reputation system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't see a problem with bumping the number down to say, 5...the only snag I could see is abuse of the system. But you can abuse the system already, really, and the problem with 10 people to rep is, unfortunately, there's not a lot of rep worthy stuff all the time. If there is, it may be in sections we don't normally venture into, or we just miss it.

I dunno, Mak and Trotski should have some idea about this.

If there was a way to remove rep from Off Topic I would drop the number, but not until that time. Rep should not be given for frivolous stuff. Posts made in OT do not count toward post count... and I would rather rep given in OT not count toward rep points either.

Unfortunately vB doesn't give me that option.

Posts made in OT do not count toward post count... and I would rather rep given in OT not count toward rep points either.

I didn't know that. And I agree.

What I hate is helping the newbs and getting rep that ends up never counting. And it's not like I don't like helping, because I do. And I know I've been appreciated, which is good. I just don't like seeing the gray rep points symbol.

I also don't like getting rep without a comment. And I'd like to know from whom it came.

But overall I think you guys have implimented the Rep System as well or better than most of the forums I frequent.

I agree there. I mean there's not much to do about the gray reps, taking that away would leave everything WIDE open for a lot of abuse, but I would like to know who gave me what rep.

Well, I just crawled the AdminCP and there is not an option to allow members to see who left them rep. Several members sign their rep comments, but most don't.

If you get one and you want to know who sent it just hit me up via PM and I will look it up for you. ;)

Well, I just crawled the AdminCP and there is not an option to allow members to see who left them rep. Several members sign their rep comments, but most don't.

If you get one and you want to know who sent it just hit me up via PM and I will look it up for you. ;)
It's in the permissions for each usergroup. Under User Reputation Permissions > Can See Who Left User Ratings.

I'll check that, but it will be toward Friday (leaving for Nashville).

what if it was on a time based thing and reping 10 other people? like wait 1 month or rep 10 other people before you can rep the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom