system very unstable

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey guys recently my computer got really unstable and every time i move it a bit or even plug in something to my audio jack it freezes and this happens even during bios and it just hangs. it does this even when it is at stock settings and should be unrelated to overclocking please help.

i doubt that is the problem because even when i plug in something into my audio jack it freezes and oh in windows 7 it bsod saying irql not equal or less and yes i reconnected everything and still does this and it is semi-annoying.

I would tend to agree with patnob since it happens during post but,

Does it happen in safe mode as well? To check if it is driver related. Installed any new drivers before this started to happen? Reported it to M$ in case it is a know issue with win7?
How about when you boot to a livecd?

Some ideas from msdn Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Resolving the Problem

If you are not equipped to debug this problem, you should use some basic troubleshooting techniques.

* Make sure you have enough disk space.
* If a driver is identified in the bug check message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
* Try changing video adapters.
* Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.
* Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

ok this is getting worse... it takes about 20 cold boots to hear a beep (POST OK) from the motherboard. and even when it gets there and loads windows it gets the BSOD. also sometimes it freezes right there on the bios screen. when it fails to boot it just turns the gpu fan high (which it always done in the past when it failed to boot) and there is no beep from the motherboard.

i doubt it is bad ram because there is no POST beep when the system fails to boot but when it is successful there is 1 short beep durint POST. also it freezes/restart when do heavy gaming which my temps are ok.

not bad ram, but failing ram. In my experience every time I come across an NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD its either related to bad ram (90% of the time) or cpu (10% of the time), and every time I got it, it was either related to an improper overclock or I had to underclock on some systems for a temp fix (internet cafe's are fun to run lol)

no post beep on failed boot = cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom