Not open for further replies.

Akumajin

Baseband Member
q6600 Quad 2.4ghz
8800 GT 512MB
Abit P35 Pro Mobo
4GB DDR2-800 RAM
Windows 7 x64

So for some reason my stuff is running a lot hotter than it should I am using the Antec 900 case with the two front 80mm fans sucking in, the side 120mm (added) sucking in, and the 200mm top and 120mm back blowing out air. All are on high, but my mobo only detects the CPU fan for some reason as you can see from my SpeedFan reading, even though the ones that can be are plugged into the motherboard. Anyway I'm not overclocking anything so shouldn't this all be much cooler? The fans are all working I can hear and feel them. I haven't checked in a long time so this might have been like this for a while.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/48/37759162.jpg

68c is not a bad temp for a GPU. Although 68c is a bad temp for your cpu there. Download a program called Real Temp and check it's temps against Speed Fan, i don't really trust those readings

HOLY COW hhaha you hit a max of 83c....that is insane high, the max for that cpu is around 61c....check your heat sinc and fan to make sure its spinning, and it's not full of dust. or you'll wind up frying that CPU like an egg...lol

HOLY COW hhaha you hit a max of 83c....that is insane high, the max for that cpu is around 61c....check your heat sinc and fan to make sure its spinning, and it's not full of dust. or you'll wind up frying that CPU like an egg...lol

the max for the q6600 is NOT 61c. depending on the stepping, it ranges between 80-90c so you are still fine as far as the max is conserned. but did you apply the thermal paste correctly?

and link for max temps, in case if anyone is interisted.

XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Real Temp - New temp program for Intel Core processors

Hmm....guess i was wrong, my bad google finally let me down :p sorry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom