barton mobile or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkie

Baseband Member
i need speedy help since im selling this on ebay and i dont want to send an item thats descritption is incorrect .

everyone keeps saying they never heard of a barton mobile thats 1900 +

heres my info from everest .

Manufacturer - AMD
Version AMD Athlon(tm) XP
External Clock 133 MHz
Maximum Clock 2800 MHz
Current Clock 1466 MHz

CPU Properties:
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP-A 1900+
CPU Alias Barton
CPU Stepping A2
CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1900+
CPUID Revision 06A0h

CPU Speed:
CPU Clock 1474.49 MHz
CPU Multiplier 11.0x
CPU FSB 134.04 MHz
Memory Bus 167.56 MHz

CPU Cache:
L1 Code Cache 64 KB
L1 Data Cache 64 KB
L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, Full-Speed)

MHz (11 x 134) 1900+
CPU Alias Barton
CPU Stepping A2
Instruction Set x86, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE
L1 Code Cache 64 KB
L1 Data Cache 64 KB
L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, Full-Speed)

CPU Manufacturer:
Company Name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

what chip is this . when i bought this 2 years ago i was told it was an overclockers chip and it was a barton mobile ?

You were lied to. That's not a mobile chip, the XP mobiles would be XP-M, I tried looking up info on 1900+ XP-A but nothing really came up. It'd be an AMD Athlon 1900+ XP Barton Core chip is what it looks like what you have. Why someone told you it was a mobile I don't know, because mobiles are clearly labeled that and it would say your chip would be XP-M if it were.

wow , that person is just wrong . thats so messed up . thanx for clearing that up for me .

Yeah, people will tell you anything if it means they can get something sold =/ sry man, but in all reality it's not a loss or anything severe like that. It's a lie and that person is a dipshit for it, but still....you probably wouldn't be able to OC that very far anyway and I doubt whoever buys it will. The 35w 2400+ XP-M is the best mobile chip for OC'ing and the 2500+ XP is the best desktop chip for OC'ing although I believe that the 2400+ XP-M is best for OC'ing overall, but I was just saying if you were to buy a specific desktop chip, the 2500+ barton core is the best, but sockets is all that matter, thats why a 35w 2400+ XP-M can fit into your desktop is because they are both socket A

yeh , its crumby but lesson learned ..

i guess ill drop the price and now i have to put in big red letters ''not a mobile !!'' :)

yeh , im gonna buy that other chip after i sell some stuff and raise some more money .

thanx for the info .

You shouldn't need to drop the price. Not by much anyway. It's not like that chip even if it was a mobile would be a prised OC'ing chip or anything of that nature. So just clarify what the processor is, but I wouldn't knock your price down too far. No reason to. Maybe $10 at most

im using the chip right now . how do i get the id without taking it out of the motherboard ? is there a way ?

's NOT a barton core and CPUID may be adding the "A" as it's reading it as a Thoroughbred A core.
Ahh, no wonder I couldn't find any info on a 1900+ XP-A :confused:

No there is no way to get that number without taking the CPU out of the motherboard

if its an overclockers chip . how much more can i sell it for anyway ?

im sure someone who knows about computer hardware will pick up on that and if they dont . they have already bought it knowing the exact speed and would be fine with that . cause of how i have the listing . ya know .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom