*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

15001 | Burninator | [*COLOR=blue]Q6600 @ 3.6ghz[/color] | [*COLOR=Red]HD4850 @ 740/1140[/color] | XP 32 bit

no orb link... but a screenie

owned-1.jpg

22,829 | tastegw | i7 920 @ 830MHz*4 | HD4770 CF @ 790/3320 | vista 64bit | ORB

22k3dmark06.jpg

im am not liking this much, the only good thing i can really say is when i opened my new xfx 4770, i was shocked to see a non reference cooler on it, and its actually one that you see for the xfx reviews dual slot rear exhaust.

but....it runs 5-6C hotter than my sapphire, but i cant complain really i guess.

i was not able to make it through 3dmark06 with higher clocks on the gpu's, very disapointing because 790/830 is near stock settings.

i am pretty sure i can break 25k if i can run these at the same speeds i was able to get 16,900 on a single card (860/950). suggestions?

i am pretty sure i can break 25k if i can run these at the same speeds i was able to get 16,900 on a single card (860/950). suggestions?

You need to up the voltage. People are not getting their 950-1000 clocks on stock voltage...

You need to up the voltage. People are not getting their 950-1000 clocks on stock voltage...

i would not need to up the voltage to run them @ the same speeds i allready ran one of them at correct?
(860/950 for the 16,900 single card run)

Well the best the XFX can clock on its own is 790mhz? :/

ya, the cooler on it sucks bad, and its not just the one i bought, cause i bought a 2nd xfx to pair with it and it was the same, perhaps i got these from a bad batch.

the heat was the issue for the xfx's, and that just aint right, less then 8 amps and few than 70 watts and these overheat.... something isnt right about the xfx coolers.

i already returned one of them, and currently just running 1 4770, and is the other xfx.

the sapphire 4770 that i have is back in its box, confirmed to be defective (altho it ran way cooler and could clock very well) it was my the cause to my random boot issues. ever since it was taken out, i have not had the random boot issue.

with all that said, my xfx @ default everything idles 15C higher than my sapphire did, and under load cant even complete 3dmark06 with a decent oc, i am not happy with the xfx cooler one bit, after i get a replacement card, im returning the last one i have back to fry's.

ati can suck on it for all i care, out of 3 cards that i purchased in the last 2 weeks, all of them had atleast one thing i didnt like.

sapphire (defective)
xfx #1 (bad cooler)
xfx #2 (bad cooler and fan itself)

but if i had 2 good saphires that didnt overheat like the xfx's, im pretty sure if i ran them at the clocks i did for the single, 25k would not be a stretch.

:/ that's unfortunate

My 4850 decided to kick the bucket the other day as well :( Not ever had a card just die on me randomly.

Got my 4890 coming tomorrow though so that's nice :D

:/ that's unfortunate

My 4850 decided to kick the bucket the other day as well :( Not ever had a card just die on me randomly.

Got my 4890 coming tomorrow though so that's nice :D

you have good luck with ati, wish i did too.

4890 should be a beast for you.

also, e8700 is a go, and will be out sooner than later, are you getting one?

Back
Top Bottom