"No Audio Devie" and "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXiMuS_N00BuS

Baseband Member
It's been a while since i've been back here. Busy busy busy.. Anyway, I have installed all of my drivers successfully, except for the the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System. Also, I have "no audio device." My Realtek Volume control is loaded in the system tray but i have no audio.My Realtek Volume control is loaded in the system tray but i have no audio. I have an HP Pavilion m7463w Media Center with Windows XP SP3.

Yes I re-installed 6 times already, and I've been spending about 13 hours a day on this thing since Saturday. But something told me to go into the BIOS and enable on-board audio. And it worked. So after all this time it's finally getting somewhere and now i have "No Audio Device" and the ACPI thing.

Here are you most current drivers.
Select software and drivers*
Have you installed the latest chipset drivers?
If not this is most likely your problem.

The second most likely cause would be failure to install your storage drivers.

Edit: It appears as though there is no chipset driver for your board which means the default xp one should work fine.
Install the storage drivers.

On a side note.
Did you know it was against forum rules to have 2 accounts tied to the same ip?

If you have a legitimate reason I would pm Trotter to let him know so that the 2 accounts are not banned.

Actually I didn't even know I had 2 accounts

Ohhhhh......... well can this one be disabled?

yeah, neither of them worked.

I have two Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System devices in Device Manager. On of them is installed and the other one has a question mark next to it under Unknown Devices.

As for the "No Audio Device" issue:

MoreHelp.jpg

You have the wrong Audio Drivers. There are multiple Realtek HD Audio Drivers. Find a different set. Also try to use Driver Cleaner Pro to clean off the current set.

How do you know that the Unknown Device is a Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Device? I dont see anywhere that would give that information away. If you click on it, it will only say Unknown device Enabled and not functioning properly. So where do you get that it is a M$ ACPI Device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom