ati radeon X800 XT == ati radeon x800 XT Platinum Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theor

In Runtime
Are these one in the same, if not what are the differences. When I go shopping websites only say XT, one says XT and the picture shows platinum while another says XT and the picture does not.

*edit* I believe that the X800 XT and X800 XT P.E. very simlar to each other, one slightly better than the other. Are you in the market for an X800? If you are going to get something in that price range, why don't you get something like the Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra OC edition. It is currently the fastest gaming card around, and smashes the X800 P.E. in the benchmarks and is around the same price range.

I'll be looking into that Geforce 6800 Ultra OC version.

So it's already OCed?

agex000 said:

Ditto:rolleyes:

Owhh and good luck finding the 6800 Ultra Extreme:p

You would be perfectly fine getting either a 6800 Ultra or X800 XT;) I have seen sites though that benchmark the X800 XT and X800 XT PE seperatly though, and the X800 XT is alittle slower(about 5 FPS or so, not much):confused:

Don't just take ONE person's bad experience to sway your own, especially when there are hundreds of Magazines and websites that say differently:confused: The moral of the story is, that whatever you decide, 6800 Ultra or X800 XT(PE whatever :p ), you'll have an unbelievably fast and awesome card:p ;)

oh the website says the following:

This Graphics Card Requires:

1. A minimum 480W system power supply
2. An AGP 2.0 (or higher) compliant motherboard. Some motherboards violate the AGP specification and therefore this card may not physically fit in some systems.
3. A vacant PCI slot adjacent to the AGP slot. This board occupies two slots: one AGP and one PCI.
4. Two available hard disk drive power dongles (smaller floppy disk drive connector is not sufficient).

What exactly are these power dongles I need?

The website also says the box comes with the following:

>> BFG GeForce™ 6800 Ultra OC™ graphics card
>> Quick install manual
>> 2 DVI-I to VGA connectors
>> 2 “Y” power cables

I assume the 2 "Y" power cables are the power dongles mentioned above?

You can run the 6800 Ultra on a smaller PSU, down to 400 watts as long as it is a name brand stable unit, won't work on cheap crappy PSU:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom