windows doesnt detect cd burner!!!!BIOS does detect it!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImSpEcIaLED125

Beta member
my cd burner is connected to my computer phsically and my BIOS detects it also, but windows does not detect it?!?!?!?! I am running windows xp pro and use windows media player to burn cds. when i try to launch a cd from the burner it doesnt detect the cd drive. anyway..please e-mail me as soon as possible!!!

i tried getting new drivers but i dony know where to get them. besides before it started doing this i burned 2 cds.

try to detect new hardware, if that doesnt work, nrmally u should have gotten a cd with it, but u shoundt need drivers for it... what brand is it?

that's odd.....even when I format my CD burner and DVD-Rom are auto detected and setup...I don't even have a disk of drivers for them..they've never needed it....yours should be somewhat the same unless its an incompatibility issue....but it'd be weird if you just burned a CD in that case. I know this sounds dumb..but have you tried simply unplugging and reconnecting the connectors? I've thought I had a lost HD and a cd-rom a couple times due to that lol

Check the IDE cable.
Did you put it in the right way???
Does the cable detect other drive???

Check the Jumpers.
If the IDE channel sharring another driver, are they on CS or Slave or Master. If they are not on CS, then make sure that your CD Burner is on Slave and your other Drive is one master. If they are both on CS, then change on drive to Master and the other one to Slave.

FINALLY.......
Does your motherboard have an on board RAID Controller. I have sound that some Motherboard RAID Controllers will not detect Optical Drives. Even if you have the RAID fuction set to ATA.
(I know that is the case with my MoBo)

BTW, nice handle. I have seen that episode of Crank Yankers too.
(I GOT MAIL!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom