Help me hit 4ghz :D (E8400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if I could get some help and guidance in overclocking my E8400 to 4ghz. I am water cooled, but I HATE watercooling, temps aren't any better than a HSF (yes ive tried adjusting stuff, nothing works lol). I really just need help with the vcore, NB voltage, SB Voltage, HT voltage, and what to set my FSB at. What is the equation to find the ghz from the fsb x9 again? Thanks guys, i really dont know where to start.

Well first post a CPU-Z and RealTemp screen shot so we can see where you're at. Watercooling keeps my E8500 at 21C idle and 30C load so it should do something for you.

sry it took long for the response, I was at school. Here you go :D
cpu.jpg

I was wondering if I could get some help and guidance in overclocking my E8400 to 4ghz. I am water cooled, but I HATE watercooling, temps aren't any better than a HSF (yes ive tried adjusting stuff, nothing works lol).

Your doing something wrong then.

Recently it's been quick chilly around here. Yesterday morning my cpu was sitting at 18C...

Care to post pics of your case and loop as well as idle and load temps?

ok, here are all the pics. There are NO kinks whatsoever, rad isnt actually resting on the desk flat, it is elevated somewhat, pump speed is just under max.
Load temp, real temp doesnt move at all.
cpuorz.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

am i seeing ide?

guess not, that your 24pin? never seen it white before.

What thermal paste are you using?

And have you tried remounting?

Turn the pump speed on max.

try resting the rad on it's side so the fans can push air through it more easily, or hang it off the back of your case.

How long has the loop been running?

no IDE here lol, PSU cables are silver.

Ultra power supply.

yes, actually just put a new E8400 in there, so it is re-mounted. I am using MX-2 paste (Petra's tech shop recommended) and just put a pea sized drop on the cpu. Loop has been running for maybe 8 months now? distilled water has already been changed/flushed once (with additive from PTS). Just tried the Rad on its side and pump all the way up, no difference. Isn't this ridiculous aspire? This is why I HATE water cooling lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom