6GHz Phenom II Overclock on Dry Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well im sure the phenom-II is going to be a good thing, even if we cant hit 4ghz on air.

The clock-for-clock performance is going to be greater than that of your 4800+ (hussein). So even if you buy a cheap one and kick it up to 3.2ghz, you'll see a performance benefit. Although im not sure how much benefit, and of course no one really knows right now because this is new info to everyone.

I have been secretly putting money away out of my checks for a few weeks so that i can buy a Phenom-II when it comes out. (this is NOT easy to do with my girlfriend living with me, to say the least.... If i spent all the money on computers that i spend on her **** clothes i would have an i7 right now with 2x 4870x2s)

Oh well she keeps me company, and she makes good ramen.

Back to the point---

Apparently they did this on a Gigabyte 790gx.. so that means current 790gx boards SHOULD be compatible with the new Phenom-II when it comes out, which is a good thing.

And regardless of who has the performance crown (my vote is going to be the i7 vs the Phenom II, i just hope its a close fight) AMD still has a large share of the low-end market, and price-performance is hard to beat.

I think that will be their main focus, to keep in the market and hold out untill they have a true powerhouse CPU.

It is inevitable that AMD will be the performance king again in the future, some time or another, because just like Nvidia and ATI, these things tend to flip flop back and fourth to which one is the best.

And of course it keeps the Fanboys happy because every 2 years or so they get to brag about their favorite team lol..

Ok sorry for the rant, but i wanted to add my 2cp

Its not like I m going to be like "OMG A QUAD @ 3.7ghz!! I M ASHAMED!!!" Its just with all the hype I thought it would be able to do 4ghz on air like the Core i7's. As of right now AMD doesn't really have Price/performance going in its favor. But with the new Denebs they should be able to regain their price/performance edge.

hahahah, I know some people who wouldn't be happy until they were able to push a Quad farther then 4.5ghz. *Cough* Nos *Cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom