Best laptop? 1500$ to spend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordansege

Solid State Member
i been looking at ibuypower.com and i can build one for about 1300 thats pretty decent... gameing is main factor... wanna be able to play ne game

ne, say it outloud... any game is what he means..

ibuypower will take your money. look at newegg for a good setup, or asus/msi have some good barebones kits for cheap. take a look into those.

Being a laptop even a game like Crysis can cause you pain. There are very few laptops that can play Crysis at max, if any.

What you want to find is one with a good CPU. Possibly a Core 2 Duo or Quad core. 4GB of RAM with a 64 Bit Vista OS.

Want the best standalone GFX Card you can get. As integrated is junk. But as i said even that type of laptop will have problems playing Crysis on max. Could get away with high or med but max would be very tough.

Alienware, Asus, Dell, HP among many others have configurations that could accomplish what you want. Just have to find one with the specs you want.

Any reason why it has to be a laptop? Honestly any gaming laptop (17'' montor and nice graphics card) will have VERY LITTLE portability. I'm using one now and it is worthless as a laptop. All i use it for now is a desktop that sits in my living room burning my lap all the time. You get less than 2 hours battery life IF YOU AREN'T gaming, and it weighs a ton.

I don't know your situation, just giving some advice that unless there is a reason why you must have a laptop, you would be MUCH better served gaming wise to get a desktop. As Mak said gaming will be much better on a desktop. Upgradability, heat, graphics... all things that are important in a gaming rig IMO.

ill be in college, along with 3 other computers, desktops arent an option...battery life aint a problem since itll be plugged in while i play, also will have a laptop cooler to help a bit

btw... Newegg.com - ASUS G Series G50V-X1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8400(2.26GHz) 15.4" Wide SXGA+ 4GB Memory 200GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GT - Laptops / Notebooks is a deactivated item

i mostly will be on games like WoW, but from time to time ill be playing other more "demanding" games

That is an awesome deal. Upgrade that processor to the T9300, upgrade the wireless card to the wireless N, upgrade to the better battery, and once you add it to the cart, it comes to $1020, and shipping is free. Taxes will be probably around 70-90 bucks (87 for me, but I'm in NY). So basically 1200 for a very good Dell XPS, with a 1 year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom