ATI cards run better with AMD cpus????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cylon

Baseband Member
Several people have told me that with my current setup i'd be better off buying an nvidia card ( gtx 260) over an ATI card (hd 4870), mainly because my an nvidia card will run better with my current intel processor and that an ATI card won't run as well with my intel, is it true that the different cpu brands has any affect on gpu performance? And if so then which card would be a better buy for me? Thanks.

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory:
2046MB RAM Corsair DDR2
Hard Drive:
150 GB Raptor X
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640
Sound Card:
SB X-Fi Audio
Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
Motherboard:
NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Mobo
Computer Case:
Raidmax

nope..the ATI will run the same way on an nvidia board. You won't be able to do crossfire with your board though...only SLI.

btw, EWWWWWW PREBUILT

huh? am confused... But I guess the answer is no.

i would go with the 4870 just because.

Simple answer: You can run any video card you want as the motherboard's chipset has no effect on the video card. I am running an ATI card on a motherboard with an Nvidia chipset with no problems whatsoever.

Sorry if some posts seemed a bit rude... building your own is preferable to having one built for you, or buying one off the shelf (pre-built). Hang around here long and you will not only learn how to build your own, but you won't be able to wait to do it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom