graphics card won't show monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

osborne3

In Runtime
Hey everyone i've got a problem you see i was at a freinds house laning it up playin some games when i cam up with the dumb idea of trying to connect the computer to hes T.V screen using the s-video whilst already having two screens already conected via the 2 slots and it then just whent blank the computer was still runing but the monitors was not recieving the signal and after trying a few difernent things to fix it like getting rid of the s-video switching the screens using one screen and using another seperate screen and reseting the mobo it still would not recieve anything so i came here for help.
plzzz helpme or my brothers gonna bash me : ) :freak:

If by 'reseting the mobo' you mean you reset your BIOS, then I can't think of anything else that might help you. Are you SURE you reset it correctly?

hey yeh my reseting the mobo i took out the battery for a few minutes then switched a jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 for a few mutes then rput it back together as it originalie was and BTW my mobo is a ASUs p5ld2 and the graphics card is a 8600gt

is there any display on the monitor/s during boot? if that's the case i'd say the issue lies with the nvidia driver configuration and you should be able to fix it by booting into safe mode (just keep hitting F8 before windows starts booting and it should bring up a menu where you can choose "Safe Mode With Networking"). if not then we're looking at a damaged/unseated graphics card. try removing the card physically and re-seating it.

Yeh my spec is
MOBO-ASUS p5ld2
VIDEOCARD- Nvidia 8600GTzzcpu-zint
CPU-Intel P4
PSU-Thermaltake TR2-470W
And i think it might be the Graphics card is faulty. So if that is the case would u be able to sugest any afordable graphics card that would be able to play WOW and CS which aint askin for much hehe.

Yeh when the comp starts up the monitor just says on it it can't find any signal. And i've tried reseating the graphics card before and it still wouldnt work but ill try again.
And i don't think i can get on warranty cause i have no proof of purchase and my mom chuckes stuff like that away.

I can only think of 3 things that are probably the problem its either the Power supply is faulty or doesnt supply enough power, the motherboard's pci-e is screwed up or the Graphics card is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom