Tell me what you think on my Gaming computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noniy

In Runtime
This is what i came up with for my build:

Proccesor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (comes with CPU Fan)

MotherBoard: ASUS P5N-D ATX Intel 750i

RAM: OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel DDR2 800MHz (2 X 2GB)

Graphics Card: XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 512MB

Sound Card: Creative Labs X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Sound Card

Case: ThermalTake Armor Series

Power Supply: Ultra X Pro 750 Watt Power Supply

Internal Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB (is too much?)

External Hard Drive: SimpleTech 250GB

Optical Drive: SONY DRU190A 20X DVD Rewritable Drive

Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit

Please Tell me what you think! :)

Asus P5N-D sucks because of that video corruption bug, maybe get an DFI LanParty DK P35 if you don't want SLI

Windows Vista doesn't have good support for Creative Sound Cards, so look at an Auzentech Alternative

Are you going to overclock the e8400? maybe you should get an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 even if you don't overclock to be safe (also noteworthy is Q6600's are more future proof)

Since you have a 64bit OS, you can always get a 4gb Kit cheaply or go 32bit unless you plan to upgrade to 4gb

Maybe get the cheapest 8800gts g92 you can find yourself, unless you want an step up program to newer cards (like from BFG or eVGA)

Asus P5N-D sucks because of that video corruption bug, maybe get an DFI LanParty DK P35 if you don't want SLI

Windows Vista doesn't have good support for Creative Sound Cards, so look at an Auzentech Alternative

Are you going to overclock the e8400? maybe you should get an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 even if you don't overclock to be safe (also noteworthy is Q6600's are more future proof)

Since you have a 64bit OS, you can always get a 4gb Kit cheaply or go 32bit unless you plan to upgrade to 4gb

Maybe get the cheapest 8800gts g92 you can find yourself, unless you want an step up program to newer cards (like from BFG or eVGA)

Well i dont need arctic freezer pro because the CPU is 45nm and comes with a cpu cooler which i dont know what it is but is probably good, and do to the fact its 45nm it will give off less heat so i wont really need the frezzer pro cpu cooler.

The mobo im getting has a bug, but it seems like a good though...

650 isnt enough....

and im going with 750 for future upgrade anyways...

but is my hard drive too big for gaming?

Watts don't matter as much, Amps on the 12v Rails matter more and its enough for future proofing your build!!

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/common-noob-myths-170388/ (noob myth number uno)

HD is up to you, if you want to spend that much and think you'll use that much, its up to you, if you have a lot of games or like Movie Editing or recording games with Fraps or something you could use that space or effectively get that WD 640gb HD

ok ill just go with the psu u recomended....

and ill figure out the hdd myself

well thanks anyway

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

you probably won't need 750gb unless you plan an HTPC to store a lot of movies or have like 100 games or something

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
and thats a good Hard Drive that I mentioned in post 6, it seems to excel in write timings, its price seems to jump up and down though, it was $100 last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom