Changes made to New Users group permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm unable to contact someone that I had already exchanged PM's with, ...
Don't forget that you can list your personal IMs and members can contact each other that way.

For general information and all members: Please do NOT start a thread saying for someone to contact you. Those will get deleted.

Dave :D

I just tried to update my email addy because I have not been getting notifications of replies to my post's.

I clicked the link in the email to verify and I get this message:
This user's primary usergroup is also listed as a secondary group for this user. Please change the primary group or remove the secondary group.

I looked through my user CP and could not find any settings etc. what do I need to do?

thanks,

please email me admin of a reply f possible , otherwise I will check back.

Did you get a screen shot of it? an was there any other problems please post this in the confidential discussions area so all the mods can look at this.

You should be good to go now, cliffhucker. I think I got your usergroup issue straightened out. If you still can't update it, PM me and let me know.

You should be good to go now, cliffhucker. I think I got your usergroup issue straightened out. If you still can't update it, PM me and let me know.

I suppose I am, I clicked the cerify link in the email and did no get that 'error'.

However, why am I not getting email alerts to subscribed threads, such as the reply you made here?

thanks

Your email domain is showing as "onemain.com". If that is not the address you need, send it to me and I will update it for you. I'm not sure why it isn't sending you the emails, though, unless that is the problem.

Your email domain is showing as "onemain.com". If that is not the address you need, send it to me and I will update it for you. I'm not sure why it isn't sending you the emails, though, unless that is the problem.

I got notified of your last reply (this one) , so maybe the "primary/secondary" usergroup issue had something to do with it not working before?

In the past it seemed that the email notification was hit or miss most of the time?

Oh well, I have gotten in the habit of checking back if it is important.

thanks for all the assistance.!

Your primary usergroup was showing as "user awaiting email confirmation" so that was probably it. vB has been acting a bit funny of late, so it may have made the switch. One evening, when I get time, I will go through the email confirmation usergroup and fix the accounts that are in there that shouldn't be (as there are many of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom