AMD or Intel Quad cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vernong said:
Wait why did my post say "cleaning up", I didn't say anything bad...
Nope, you didn't. I removed the part of the quote that was removed from the thread. You're cool, little brother.

And Amd/Ati do? Or nvidia? or any other company on the planet?

sure. the company my family owns does. we're not a billion-dollar company, though. BUT we do produce several million in revenue every year, and we practice ethics every day in our business dealings. if we didn't, we wouldn't be here today. which is probably why it offends me so much that others do not. i will say this...you ALWAYS have a CHOICE of what to buy. you can CHOOSE to buy AMD or intel. you can choose to buy a company that is innovating and trying to maintain fair business practices, or you can buy a company that is trying to monopolize an industry and drive ANY and ALL competitors out of business using unfair practices. if you can't choose, then it is too late.
and yes, if the roles were reversed, i would enthusiastically suggest intel. but, they are not, so i don't. i will suggest them because they perform better, and that is the logically correct decision to make. if i decide to buy an intel chip it will be based SOLEY on the fact that AMD has no direct competition for the e8500, and i am getting to the point that i need a more powerful chip. when that time comes, if AMD has a 45nm that performs even remotely close to the intel offering, i will buy IT.

sure. the company my family owns does. we're not a billion-dollar company, though. BUT we do produce several million in revenue every year, and we practice ethics every day in our business dealings. if we didn't, we wouldn't be here today. which is probably why it offends me so much that others do not. i will say this...you ALWAYS have a CHOICE of what to buy. you can CHOOSE to buy AMD or intel. you can choose to buy a company that is innovating and trying to maintain fair business practices, or you can buy a company that is trying to monopolize an industry and drive ANY and ALL competitors out of business using unfair practices. if you can't choose, then it is too late.
I think one of Google's motto's is "Don't be evil"

The company I work for strives to stand out from the crowd through its ethical and fair behavior. It isn't just lip service, either... the company will take a direct hit/loss if there is not an ethical way to do something. These behaviors are a part of how we do business, and the only way we due business. The company has all of it rolled together into their business practices, and it is a part of our work culture. When I started work here, we didn't even use a time clock... we wrote in our start and stop times.

I used to think of AMD as an ethical company but I recently read an article about how their executives made massive bonuses when they were doing well a couple of years ago and how the company is paying the price for not investing more in R&D.

The only major company that seems truly ethical is Google.

I used to think of AMD as an ethical company but I recently read an article about how their executives made massive bonuses when they were doing well a couple of years ago and how the company is paying the price for not investing more in R&D.

The only major company that seems truly ethical is Google.

executive bonuses are not unethical in any way as long as there are not unethical practices put to use in order to ensure the goals put forth (in order to recieve said bonus) are met.
it is unfortunate that they did not re-invest the money that was divied up between the executives into RD, but hardly unethical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom