Final Build! Any last Tweaks/Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Finally, after gathering all this information from the help of you guys I have finally came together with my Rough Draft on my new gaming rig. $1500 was the spending limit. Feel free to throw in any last tweaks or comments as on monday I will be ordering the computer so please help me while you can =P.

New Future Gaming Computer:

Antec Nine Hundred - ($99.99)
Asus Maximus Formula - ($249.99)
Q6600 - ($254.99)
EVGA 8800GT - ($229.99)
Crucial Ballisix Tracer 2GB (4 CAS/4-4-4-12) - ($65.99)
Seagate 250GB 32MB Cache - ($80.99)
Samsung DVD Burner - ($29.99)
Thermaltake toughpower 700W - ($165.99)
Tuniq Tower - ($39.99)
Artic Cooling MX-2 - ($6.99)

Total - $1224.40 + 165.79(Shipping to Alaska) = $1390.19

So there it is...Im going to buy a 22' LCD Monitor but im going to wait till I get the parts first as the monitor alone is like $60 for shipping here...

Any Tweaks/Comments/Questions, I would greatly appreciate any input to this build, Thanks!

Fayt19 said:
So there it is...Im going to buy a 22' LCD Monitor but im going to wait till I get the parts first as the monitor alone is like $60 for shipping here...

A 22 foot monitor huh...my goodness. lol jk...I know what you meant.

May I suggest, getting the OEM version of Q6600 for $242.99 at ClubIT.com. Then getting TRUE w/ a Scythe Slipstream 120mm fan at svc.com. If you're overclocking, I would suggest those over the Tuniq.

By the way, that power supply is overkill for your system. Get something lower, as your system isn't that demanding for a 700W PSU. A Corsair 650TX, or PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610W will do you good, plus room for future upgrades.

it is just like b1g said... 700W PSU is way over kill and is eating up budget that you could use to get a new monitor now so i would def go with a pc power and cooling new egg has them shipped for 120 ... that might not be an accurate number for you tho might cost a lil more

Yeah I always thought that the thermaltake toughpower 700w was overkill but i dont know any good PSU's so thats why i stuck with it. but for $45 less I think ill take you up on that suggestion for the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610W. thanks a LOT!

as for the TRUE and the Scythe Slipstream 120mm, I dont know...I know its probably the best for getting the Q6600 to 3.6 but It seems that its really expensive to do that...but take out the Tuniq Tower for 39.99 and take the 45 you saved me for switching the PSU and afford it.

Is it easy to install the Scythe onto the TRUE?

Fayt19 said:
Is it easy to install the Scythe onto the TRUE?

Very very easy. Especially with 120mm fans. The clips included with the TRUE, just snap into place, in the screw holes of the fan.

And also not to mention, that the TRUE is easier to install than the Tuniq, in my opinion.

awesome, looks good. Any other suggestions with the build?

edit: The TRUE with the fan is like double that of the Tuniq Tower, is it really worth that big difference in price?

and even a 600watt is overkill. a 520hx corsair would still be great. it is amps that matter, not wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom