Ordering Tomorrow, Please Check My Build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Alright I am ordering all my parts at newegg except for the CPU, because it is out of stock.

What do you guys think of this build?

8800GT 512mb
*Already Ordered

A-DATA 2gb ddr800 ram
*Already Ordered

Gigabyte DS3-L ($100)
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Retail

Raidmax Smilodon Case ($50 After Rebate, $90 Normal)
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Retail

Tuniq Tower ($45)
Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail

Antec Neo Power 500 watts 3 rails ($50 After Rebate, $100 w/o rebate and discount)
Newegg.com - Antec Neo Power 500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply 100Vac to 240Vac +/- 10% UL, CUL, TUV, CE, FCC, CCC, CB, C-tick - Retail

MX518 Mouse ($40)
Newegg.com - Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical 1600 dpi Gaming-Grade Mouse - Retail

Sennheiser HD212 ($50 After Rebate, $90 Normal)
Newegg.com - SENNHEISER DJs HD212 3.5mm/ 6.3mm Connector Circumaural PRO Stereo Headphone

E8400 Processor
(not sure where to purchase, thinking about Directron, is this a good site?)

Im also worried that the tuniq tower wont fit in my case, i was going to get a Zalman 9700 or 9500 but ive heard that both have problems with my motherboard. I want to be really sure i dont screw up anything this time around.

Thanks for any advice given,
Alexsabree :laughing:

looks good

good price on the PSU too :D

go to Microcenter and buy it, or use Directron (they are reputable or so I've heard)

I don't think their are any microcenters around here (Arkansas, US)

Yeah directron seems pretty legit, im just worried that the 8400 might be on back-order or something. Lots of sites will do that and not tell you.

if you want to make some some cash you sell off the PSU in that Raidmax Case :D or use it as a doorstop... /happyface

anyways, I doubt they'd do that, but if they did do that, there would be a bunch of complains in their reviews for the e8400

as for the Tuniq Tower not fitting, I have no idea, but you could always leave the left side panel off?

Hmm.. I probably should not buy those headphones and mouse because i already have decent ones and get a better/bigger full-tower case.

What do you think?

(dang, but for $40 that case is a steal, man this is a hard decision.)

remember, accessories aren't absolute, and most of the time the cases are ;)

if you like the case buy one sell it on eBay for a profit, just use a crappy mouse and stick with speakers for now

just my opinions

good solid build...

Why ADATA?
And Why that case?

I personally would have gone with Gskill or Crucial ram and i would have gone with a diff. case, but hey to each his own. Great choice on CPU and GPU though. Enjoy!

A-data is cheap ram that offers good performance.

As for the Smilodon, it's a great case and for 40 bucks thats a steal. Raidmax makes some good flashy cases that still offer good quality...unlike apevia yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom