Big Big Urgent Urgent Urgent Help Needed...plssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
ok...
so i got my gts, and was gonna just install it, then i wanted to clean some wires and install another case fan.
Next thing you know...the yelow sata cable is not attached to the hdd, i take alook and...THE BLACK THING IS GONE...only the pins are there.

WTF WTF WTF should i do???? I cant afford to loose ANY DATA.
All my music, movies, games, GAMES SAVES, ETC ETC.

IDK HOW IT BROKE, pls someone...im in desperate need here.
I need someway to get the data out...idc about the hdd, i need the data..i can get an rma for the hdd but i need that data.

Im on way way to bb to get a 320gb sata hdd for 60 bucks..yeah i know...great deal.

But pls..ill even pay someone to do this.
Im having hope on you apok, your good with this stuff.

PLSS.
thank you so much.

What broke? Can you provide pics? But really, the chance of data loss should be low if you just leave it alone and fix it when you are given instructions.

What broke? Can you provide pics? But really, the chance of data loss should be low if you just leave it alone and fix it when you are given instructions.

no pics..i have a bad camera and you cant even see it.

its the black thing that looks like this ........
except their no spaces for the bottom line part

Its the black thing that your yellow wire clips into.

Im gonna c...y , seriously man...i cant afford to loose my data again.
im leaving soon to buythe other hdd...i need a computer but i also need that data back.
Im gonna be installing xp on this one so it will bediff for a change since i have gbeen using vista for awhile.

If the pins are still there, make a shim, a little piece of plastic or paper and put it in between the two rows of pins and nudge the cable onto it to secure it.

The worse case is having to pay for recovery, but you shouldn't lose and data.

Ouch!! and here I thought it was the sata cable... Sorry man... the only thing I could possible think of would be superglue and a good, solid prayer!

If the pins are still there, make a shim, a little piece of plastic or paper and put it in between the two rows of pins and nudge the cable onto it to secure it.

The worse case is having to pay for recovery, but you shouldn't lose and data.

sounds confusinng...and im not creative.
the geek squad guy told me of this recovery place thats cheaper than geek squad.
its called ontrack.
ontrackdatarecovery.com

im gonna try that out.

installing xp now.

oh crap :S its basically just a track to guide the pins from both the cable and hd together and secure them, so as long as the pins all there you should be fine.

On a side note i dont think it would be too outrageously expensive to recover the data. And more than worth the money by the sounds of it. I've lost a full HD before. It sucks :S

dude, i had that happen to me before, and it sucks. but you wont believe how i recovered from the...erm...incidend we shall call it? customers pc, same problem.

solution: buy new hard drive, same model, etc...get a clone hard drive

and unbolt the bottom circut part of the new one and put it on the old one, and voila! fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom