*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Nice way to be helpful guys.

Not everyone wants to build their own puters and are happy to pay others to do it (unfortunately).

Anyway, it's obvious his hardware is not performing as it should so we should try to help him get the most from it rather than ridicule him.

Where's the Xmas spirit dudes :p
Thanks alot. I didn't really appreciate the harsh comments but no harm done.

I'd be greatful if you could advise me on what to do to improve the performance of my system. :happy:

your right.

Well, I would advice him to re-format, because dell puts a lot of junk in there...thats the easy way.

Download the latest drivers from nvidia.com.
Get driver cleaner pro.
Update direct x.
Make sure you have the latest 3dmark and have installed the hotfix for it.
defrag your pc.
Download ccleaner and run it...youll be surprised with the amount of junk that gets cleared.
When i use that onppls pc for the first time ...i see around 5-10gigs getting cleared!!!
Okay, I installed and ran Driver Cleaner, and cleared out many unused registry files and other crap from previous driver versions. I then downloaded CCleaner like you suggested, and removed around 300MB from my system. It also took out some registry files etc.

Any other suggestions, I really don't know why the score is so poor then, if you guys say it should be in the 20,000 region. :(

The forceware version i'm running is 163.75 (Could you advise me on the best drivers for 2x 8800GTX in SLi on a 32Bit Vista setup)

Should I try running 3Dmark06 without SLi? If it doesnt show any difference wouldnt that prove that its something wrong with the SLI setup etc?

That score should be higher than that with one GTX. Also the Dell Bios will give him problems trying to OC. I guess first thing is to find out if he wants to go higher with his score or if he is happy there. Second, we need to know how computer savy he is. Third, we need to know if he wants to keep the money pit or save some $. Being a Dell tho, I doubt it will reach it true potential with the Dell bios and all the extra worthless software bogging it down. By the way Dell Boi, welcome to the forums.
I'd say i'm borderline tech-savy..probably not as much as you guys! :nerd:

Any suggestions would be appreciated and i'll keep you posted if your advice has any input in my score. However, I DO want to keep this system, i've always been a Dell fanatic...call me what you will...but I hope that doesn't make a difference, just treat it like any other system lol.

Thanks for the welcome also.

just because you have a dell doesn't automatically make you someone we can't talk to. lol. its just that for optimal performance and price its better to make your own system. As for your scores, you won't really be able to get higher then that unless there is something wrong with your drivers bogging down your performance because Dell locks the bios, so you can't overclock your cpu which is a **** shame.

just because you have a dell doesn't automatically make you someone we can't talk to. lol. its just that for optimal performance and price its better to make your own system. As for your scores, you won't really be able to get higher then that unless there is something wrong with your drivers bogging down your performance because Dell locks the bios, so you can't overclock your cpu which is a **** shame.
This system comes 'factory overclocked' to 3.73GHz...would that make a difference?

Thanks for the input :)

cool ^ I'm pretty sure you have a qx6850 with unlocked multipliers, I think you could keep going with Multiplier overclocking, or does Dell lock those too?

well if it comes factory overclocked then nevermind... if they overclock it, they usually take it to the extreme limits, and then bring it back a little to make it more stable for 24/7 use. so yeah, it just seems like you have a gfx issue, and once you get that worked out you'll be flying to the top of the 3dmark06 scores.

vernon, i'm pretty sure they lock everything so you can't even get into the bios. all you can do on start up is check out setup and boot config which are 2 menus.

btw, dell boi, how much did that system cost yoU?

cool ^ I'm pretty sure you have a qx6850 with unlocked multipliers, I think you could keep going with Multiplier overclocking, or does Dell lock those too?
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I went in the BIOS...Dell allows me to underclock/overclock the QX6850 to the following settings.

2.00GHz (Underclocked)
2.33GHz (Underclocked)
2.66GHz (Underclocked)
3.00GHz (Underclocked)
3.66GHz (Overclocked)
4.00GHz (Overclocked)
4.66GHz (Overclocked)

But seriously, I shouldnt have to overclock to 4.66GHz just to get decent performance? :freak: LOL

Although this rig is liquid cooled (H2C) I wouldnt risk going higher than 3.66GHz, its current setting.

By the way, i'm about to run 3Dmark with SLi disabled...i'll keep you posted.

well if it comes factory overclocked then nevermind... if they overclock it, they usually take it to the extreme limits, and then bring it back a little to make it more stable for 24/7 use. so yeah, it just seems like you have a gfx issue, and once you get that worked out you'll be flying to the top of the 3dmark06 scores.

vernon, i'm pretty sure they lock everything so you can't even get into the bios. all you can do on start up is check out setup and boot config which are 2 menus.

btw, dell boi, how much did that system cost yoU?
Thanks, I sure hope so.

Bare in mind I live in the UK...but it cost me around £2,600 which i'm guessing is around £5,200 US?

Okay guys, sorry for the triple post...but I updated to 169.25 drivers and ran in SLi and got 17281 3Dmarks....much improved.

I feel like overclocking to 4.66GHz and go for the top spot of 19,000+...convinced i'd get it lol :p

Will somebody please add this score to the leaderboard for now anyways?

Futuremark - ORB - Project Details

17,281 | Dell Boi| Q6850 @ 3.66GHz | 8800GTX SLI @ Stock | Vista 32bit

Is this right or am I still below-par?

Back
Top Bottom