one 8800ultra/gtx or two 8800gt's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my 2 new GTS 512's :) They're so purrrty. Too bad i have to bowl tonight so i wont get to play with them.

The benches in SLI are going to suck donkey until i get my 780i board. This abit 650i board only has the 8x/8x in sli.

In theory that might be true, but going by the benches i got in SLI last night, this board is less than impressive. As far as the 780i, i just uploaded my invoice today so i'm waiting for them to approve me, then i have to package up the 680i and mail that off to them. I'm going to go ahead and pack up the 680 since its dead anyway and have it ready to ship so once i get approved i can send it off on my way home from work. Once its shipped, and they recieve it, i have 2 day shipping paid for to get the 780i. So hopefully i'll have it next week if all the stars align and i find the secret crystal key. But more realistically it'll be after new years.

bah, i need my memories for my 1920x1200

and twizted.. where have you been!!!

hha you were the guy i was thinking of that had a similar system to my old one!! lol

lol haven't been around since I did my first build, haven't needed any help. I'm about to do another build, so i'm back! :D

I dont think thats possible, since one only uses 105 watts.

Not from the benchmarks i've seen, the 256mb maybe, but the 512mb takes up 175+ watts.

how much diff is an 8800gt 512 from a 256?

At higher resolutions, it makes a pretty good difference.
XFX GeForce 8800 GT 256MB XXX Review
Read through all the pages in that article to give yourself a good idea.

especially with the holidays there will be a lot of shipping stuff back and people shipping gifts out to try and get them there before christmas, and before the new years.

but yeah, ultra if you don't wanna mess around with a sli board, 2 gt's if you want that little bit more performance.

also how is it that 2 gt's are as much as an ultra? last i checked, which was a few seconds ago, an ultra was 660 and 2 gt's were around 450 (256mb) / 550 (512mb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom