people interested in 680i!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Meh i dont care too much for Asus boards anyway so im not missing out on anything by getting the evga board i got.

The MB I just bought is a p5n32 e sli (not plus). I read a product review that said the 650 mb's were *******ized versions of the 680 to make them a little cheaper.
As for Asus. . . This is the second Asus board I've had. The first was an A8N32sli deluxe. I have to say it's been a love hate thing with Asus boards for me. The boards themselves seem to work fine but the asus website is crap, pcprobe is crap, the manuals are crap and the bios updater is crap. The website is blah, the manuals are next to useless when it comes to bios settings, pcprobe is always off on it's temps and I have to reset the mb warning threshold and fans speeds everytime I start the program. And nothing short of praying over the bios updater and using the jedi mind trick on it will make that program work.

Forgive me for putting on my digi-jihad hat and hijacking your thread. (Tis a joke. I'm athiest, don't call the FBI. lol) :eek:

this'll be my first asus board myself.. but i've worked w/ a p5b deluxe and loved all the options in it.. i'm excited to give that boarda go myself

Then get cool temp (you may need to hunt down the 64bit mod) to keep an eye on your temp. PCprobe shows 10 degrees celsius lower than cooltemp. :mad:
You'll have to go to their website and download the updated bios because the bios updater software never connects and when it does it either can't find the new bios or it will tell you there's a newer version of the updater and it needs to download it first then it will fail so you'll have to download the bios to your hd then tell the software where to find it. You may have to do it twice like I did a few days ago when I got this board.
Once you've done all that. . . everything should be cool.

The MB I just bought is a p5n32 e sli (not plus). I read a product review that said the 650 mb's were *******ized versions of the 680 to make them a little cheaper.
As for Asus. . . This is the second Asus board I've had. The first was an A8N32sli deluxe. I have to say it's been a love hate thing with Asus boards for me. The boards themselves seem to work fine but the asus website is crap, pcprobe is crap, the manuals are crap and the bios updater is crap. The website is blah, the manuals are next to useless when it comes to bios settings, pcprobe is always off on it's temps and I have to reset the mb warning threshold and fans speeds everytime I start the program. And nothing short of praying over the bios updater and using the jedi mind trick on it will make that program work.

Forgive me for putting on my digi-jihad hat and hijacking your thread. (Tis a joke. I'm athiest, don't call the FBI. lol) :eek:

I had the same problems with my p5k board. Their site is crap, i couldnt get the raid drivers to work, after the fact i read that should anything ever go wrong with the board that asus is one of the worst customer support companies around. Glad i returned the board for my ds3r.

Yea...I used to be all about Asus, but their boards are crap. As is their customer service, drivers, apps, web site, etc etc. To be honest, I'm pretty happy with this EVGA board so far. IMHO DFI boards are the best though. Definitely built for the enthusiast.

I'm slowly becoming an eVga fan. On my third video card and first motherboard from them. So far all 4 pieces have been choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom