New Build. Change Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im actualy from germany i live in the us haha. TD just happens to be where kids at my school get comp parts and im just used to looking there....
anyway ok i will go with the 7200.11 and i will look into one of the psu's people have submitted

that psu = beast!
also i think he's canadian since his links are tigerdirect
and get the 500gb 7200.11 barracuda its faster

thats tigerdirect.ca

his were tigerdirect.com which is US... but I would only buy 2 things from them: a. the Ultra Aluminus Case
b. The 8800gt (because its hte only place that still has it in stock right now)

or if its cheaper than Newegg (which is kinda rare)

eh i keep forgetting theres a TD in the US
but theres a reason we usually don't recommend stuff from there when the egg has it in stock....prices :laughing:

just make sure it will by sizing and reading everything very closely- sometimes the tubing and stuff doesnt fit in- it needs to be free not smushed against everything. If its smushed and the fluid starts flowing- chances are its going to pop loose some where since its all crammed in.

theres a water cooling guide- and lots of others if you look- to help on here.

oh and.. most everyone just uses fans and heatsinks on here- they cool really well- some even better then the low end liquid cooling- its all how you set your fans up- intake- exhausts and vents, air needs to flow in- over/through the hot parts- then out as fast as possible- anytime it "jumbles' in there it can actually make things hotter and worse.

I read a cooling guide a while back (wish I could remember the link) that did 1 case with like 13 fan combos- turns out using EVERY fan- made things HOTTER. I believe they ended up using 1 intake of 120mm size, then a rear exaust- 80 mm i think and the side fan of 80mm and a top vent so the gap between the cdrom and the psu would vent (it got dangerously hot there- it was the Sidewinder case i think- they just CUT a vent in and it lowered the temp in that area 10degrees (a fan made things worse) and the overall temp of the computer dropped by like 3)

and I have a question on wattage- wont a lower wattage psu save him in electrical bills? I mean.. probably just slightly.. maybe not at all since wattage higher.. but yea.. just a thought.

1k w psu just sounds to me like "hey electric company Iam starting a mini city"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom