Building PC need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would only need to get the 64-bit version, if you are purchasing more than 2GB or memory.

But I will tell you now, that 2GB is all you need at the moment..

I'd just stick to XP as it's tons cheaper and you can probably get a free copy, plenty of them flying around and DX9 still has plenty of life in it, and as we've seen in the Crysis config hack, you can get "DX10-exclusive" features to run under DX9.

Get XP now and then get an upgrade copy of Vista later on which will be cheaper because it's an upgrade copy and by then prices would probably have gone down a little. Also, it's not really fully optimized right now and I don't see it as a necessity at the moment and not for a long while. Any developers who make a game Vista-exclusive are essentially shooting themselves in the foot.

^^I would agree. At this time, DX10 does not look that much better than DX9. But Vista isn't that bad either.

I see...and I agree. Just saying that Vista is improving. I don't think the higher frame rates are significant though. But I'm pro XP.

is there any other site i can buy a 8800gt at? all of the 8800's at newegg are sold out

is there any other site i can buy a 8800gt at? all of the 8800's at newegg are sold out

wow...All the good places are sold out. If you can wait for this coming week, like 11/15-11/19, newegg is restocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom