Upgrade for New Highend Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but if he could just swap it out w/ an 8800gtx.. why would he wanna buy a new gpu... i see no reason to buy the gt.. if anything, he should just exchange for that 8800gtx and then dedicate a psu just to the gtx... as he aleady said. so what that said, ithink he should just buy the 5000+ black edition

agreed.

but first i would see what the 8800gtx will do alone, i think it will be fine without a cpu upgrade atleast it should hold up till the phenom's.

Ok so what I need to know is if I can switch my 8800gtx into this machine with outs a new PSU.

After that ill see if I need a CPU switch or I'll just OC it. I already have a arctic freezer cooler.

EDIT: The 7900GTX and 8800GTX have the same drivers... will I have to re install the drivers on each machine?

Ok well I just checked and I actually a 620 and a 500 watt Enermanx and I got them mixed up.

The one in my pc machine is the 620watt.

Once I found this out I tried the 8800GTX in my pc rig but no dice. What confuses me is that I have a 620watt in the machine that the 8800gtx is in and it works fine there.

So I dont know why it didn't work when I switched them

yeah maybe not, but do you know what psu you have?

correct me if im wrong anyone (i have been a little out of the loop lately), but 450W should be plenty power to OC the cpu and have a gtx. so long you have enough amps on the 12v rails.

Yes you are correct in fact my PC is running a 450w Cooler Master PSU that I bought back in November 2005 and my PC is also overclocked and I haven't any single problem with power issues Halibel ( my pc) its been running fine since I built back in early August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom