Overclocking 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the artifact scanner going for 5 minutes now @710. These card for overclocking i think 700/2000 like the SSC cards is about the most you can expect. The bigger issue is that these cards are already pretty much maxxed out and the overclocking doesnt scale very well at all. I picked up an extra 400ish points in 3dmark06 by OC'ing the cards from 650/950 to 700/1000 but i think i got more of a boost from the extra 50mhz on my CPU that day.

3 day weekend coming up, im gonna leave the door open and try to get the apt down to about 55F and see if i can get the quad up to 3.8 and go for 19k 3dmark06 :p

there's lots of "stock" speeds. 600/900 is the reference speed.
i leave mine at stock 600/900/1500 for everyday.
its a killer card, and you really dont need to go higher than that for playing games.
for benchmarks, it will go 700/1000/1875.
my best bench was at 690 core.
i wouldnt go straight to 700 core if you have a 600 core card. i'd try 625-650 first.
ati tool sucks IMO, riva tuner does a better job i think.

Stock XFX.

So 600 is core clock, 900 is memory, and what is 1500? Is that shader?

and artifcats are like tearing of the screen? I get that with my 6200, is thier a scanner to detect it?

I will just start messing and is it like overclocking were if I OC the core, I ened to OC the mem?

I've had the artifact scanner going for 5 minutes now @710. These card for overclocking i think 700/2000 like the SSC cards is about the most you can expect. The bigger issue is that these cards are already pretty much maxxed out and the overclocking doesnt scale very well at all. I picked up an extra 400ish points in 3dmark06 by OC'ing the cards from 650/950 to 700/1000 but i think i got more of a boost from the extra 50mhz on my CPU that day.

3 day weekend coming up, im gonna leave the door open and try to get the apt down to about 55F and see if i can get the quad up to 3.8 and go for 19k 3dmark06 :p

funny that you mention that...i noticed a bigger difference as well in my fps/3dm when i overclocked my cpu versus a change in card speed.

deadpixel...
you can clock core and memory independently.
as far as artifact scanner, ati tool has one, there is also another one called rgftgbil (lol someone help me out) or something.

So is anyone going to start a countdown of how long it takes deadpixel to post his pictures. I think i had 2 pages of moaning in my thread :p

4th1.jpg

3rd1.jpg

2nd1.jpg

first1.jpg

Holy... those pictures killed my monitor lol. I can see about 1/3rd of each picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom