Inputting audio to PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
Hello forumers, i was wondering if it was possible to plug the RCA cables from an xbox 360 to the composite inputs on my HP media center PC, and then play the sound through my speakers. I'm trying to do this because my speakers don't have rca inputs =(

You can buy a 1/8 inch male to male RCA and plug it into the mic spot or split the connection to your speakers so you don't need to have the computer on.

I'm afraid i have no idea what you mean

Talk to me as though i were a small child, i don't know anything about audio accessories

What mic spot are you talking about? And how can i split the connection to my speakers (i can't find any rca to 3.5mm adapters/cords)?

You, sir, win several internets. Much thanks =)

Btw can those be found in canada? I tried my local futureshop but had no luck

OH i almost forgot: My logitech x-540 speaker system has 3 inputs: Front, rear, and center/sub. In which one of these should i plug the 3.5mm cord?

If you have 5.1 speakers, you may be using your Line In port as an output for speakers. Many modern motherboard soundchips that support 5.1 use the Line In and Microphone jacks as rear left/right and subwoofer/center outputs when in surround mode. You may have to switch back to 2 channel stereo in order to get your Line In port open, then use the Stereo RCA to 1/8" minijack Y adapter to plug the output of the 360 into the Line In port (I think it's blue, but it might be green, look for Line In or a picture of sound going IN to the PC).

I appreciate everyone's help, but unfortunately i still have no idea what any of you are saying. I just plugged the 2 RCAs into the inputs on my tv-tuner, downloaded DScaler, and turned it to that audio channel while i played oblivion using my xbox vga cable. It works great =)

Well that works. That sounds like the better way to do it...I have the misconception that no TV tuners have dedicated audio inputs...because mine's cheap and doesn't, and so I have to route all the sound to the Line In port :(

However, nice TV tuners will give you more audio inputs, so you won't have a problem. You might need DScaler though, TV Tuner audio inputs may show up in the Volume Control, you might have to switch input devices, but it might show up. Try it and see, if not, then use DScaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom