Deciding on new monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I'm getting closer and closer to making a final decision on a new monitor. I'm upgrading from a Dell e173FP and right now I think I've narrowed it down to these choices: Dell SP2008WFP, Samsung 2220WM or Samsung 942BW

I don't really want a big huge monitor thats why I'm kind of iffy on upgrading to a 22" plus no matter where I look it won't tell me the pixel pitch for this monitor. The height adjustment would be great on the 942BW but its not the end of the world if I don't have one and I don't want to sacrifice quality for it. I'm not that familiar with monitors so I'm not entirely sure if the 19" loses quality over the other 2 or not. The dell is probably around the perfect size for me but it is a good amount more money than the other 2. I'm not sure I really care for the silver color, I would prefer black but again quality is a lot more important to me. I'm a gamer and a web/graphic designer so I need a good monitor.
Which would you guys go with if you were in my shoes?
Another thing I was wondering is if a resolution that much bigger from 1280 x 1024 would take a toll on my PC's performance.

I'm getting closer and closer to making a final decision on a new monitor. I'm upgrading from a Dell e173FP and right now I think I've narrowed it down to these choices: Dell SP2008WFP, Samsung 2220WM or Samsung 942BW

I don't really want a big huge monitor thats why I'm kind of iffy on upgrading to a 22" plus no matter where I look it won't tell me the pixel pitch for this monitor. The height adjustment would be great on the 942BW but its not the end of the world if I don't have one and I don't want to sacrifice quality for it. I'm not that familiar with monitors so I'm not entirely sure if the 19" loses quality over the other 2 or not. The dell is probably around the perfect size for me but it is a good amount more money than the other 2. I'm not sure I really care for the silver color, I would prefer black but again quality is a lot more important to me. I'm a gamer and a web/graphic designer so I need a good monitor.
Which would you guys go with if you were in my shoes?
Another thing I was wondering is if a resolution that much bigger from 1280 x 1024 would take a toll on my PC's performance.

take a good ole' 19 inch widescreen... its great.. because its resolution at 1400x900 is considered lower than a 1280x1024, and getting a really high resolution can impact your performance, because maxing out a game at a really high resolution on a new game really gives you lag and seriously low FPS..

take a good ole' 19 inch widescreen... its great.. because its resolution at 1400x900 is considered lower than a 1280x1024, and getting a really high resolution can impact your performance, because maxing out a game at a really high resolution on a new game really gives you lag and seriously low FPS..
depends....he might have CF 2900xt

Well its not like my computers that bad (Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHZ, 2gb ram, ATI x1950gt) So would a 1680 x 1050 resolution wear me down? Considering my graphics card is pretty good I know its nothing amazing but I know my cpu is a bit out of date but would the higher res affect that or just the graphics card? Also doesn't vertical sync play a role in something to do with this, I can't quite remember what.

i have a 19" acer moniter it came with my computer but it still is very good, like the 1400x900 is all a person needs. If you are goin to get a good screen may i sugest that you go like ALL out and like get one of those screens the size of those million inch moniters that apple has that costs 2k dollars, with like 2600x1400 or sumthin.

the 226bw has different panels..the 906 only has 1 i think...its a 19" widescreen..looks exactly like the 226bw but smaller

I just did some research and found out the 906bw has some bad panels as well just I guess I'm headed towards the 942bw unless you guys have any better suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom