gonna buy a new rig to play crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merkwürdigliebe;1227849 said:
wait, so, it runs like crudd-pie on your system? That's not fun :(

Remember the demo doesn't support SLI (not sure if you have or not) and that 3600 is sleeewwwwwww

HAL would struggle to run Crysis btw, you'd insert the disc and he'd verbally assault you

no dude it runs fine, actually. i was just making a joke lol dont go bashing on my rig.
my 3600 is slow, maybe to some. except when i punish it with my wicked overclocks. it also cost less than a slow night at the bar...lol it runs that demo just as well (or reasonably close) as any other rig on this forum, i imagine.
LOL x 2 @ GT....c'mon sonny boy.

no dude it runs fine, actually. i was just making a joke lol dont go bashing on my rig.
my 3600 is slow, maybe to some. except when i punish it with my wicked overclocks. it also cost less than a slow night at the bar...lol it runs that demo just as well (or reasonably close) as any other rig on this forum, i imagine.
LOL x 2 @ GT....c'mon sonny boy.

Hey, I mean, you do have an SLI board, and the GT's are at a good price point for SLI, topping even the performance of an Ultra for a little over $400, I just assumed, or are you not that enthusiastic about SLI?

well, actually i had 7900gs' in SLI not too long ago. I LOVE it. especially, as you say, with the price/performance of the 8800gt's.
i would like to buy a new PSU, and a new 22 or 24 inch monitor (and probably/maybe an agena, although i'll get that no matter what whenever it comes out) before i buy another card, though.
the way this thing stomps all over EVERY game i have put it to on my 19" BenQ, the only thing i need SLI cards for at the moment is 3dmark score and pi***** rights, and thats kinda silly.
i think i will wait till the furor dies down a little over the 8800gt. then prices will drop down substantially, i think. they certainly will i believe when the new 8800GTS/GTX comes out here soon.
then, after all that (or maybe before if the money in my pocket gets itchy, lol been known to happen) i will indeed buy another 8800gt. unless i buy one of the new 8800GTS'. heh.
but, yes..i am a fan of SLI, especially when the price is right. i would be even more so if i had a really big monitor. the benchmarks for 8800GT in sli at high res are pretty astounding.

^Cool, makes me feel more confident in investing in a single GT rather than going into SLI atm...

Anyway, as for the HAL reference, I'm only familiar with Stanley Kubrick's 2001:A Space Odyssey, I know that Clarke collaborated with Kubrick to make the film, but I was completely unaware of a saga of Space Odyssey movies or books featuring HAL. Can someone enlighten me? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom