Shin Etsu Thermal Compound

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaestro

Baseband Member
Does anyone have any experience with using Shin Etsu thermal compound?

There seem to be three version available for CPU coolers: G751; X23-7762; X23-7783D. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how well it works, and what the differences between the three versions are? Thanks.

I dont know how well it works, but I think you should try it. My viewpoint it dont go along with everybody elses ideas and having your comp look exactly the same as everyone elses on the forum. Hence the reason that I dont have a Gigabyte Board, and I also turned MX-2 and AS5 down and tried Akasa thermal compound. It works really good.

So I say try it out, whats the worst that could happen.

Well, I did it. I used Shin Etsu TIM. I also lapped the CPU and CPU cooler. My CPU temps went down 8C-9C on day 1. A big part of the difference is likely due to lapping. Unfortunately, I can't say how much is lapping and how much is Shin Etsu. It seems to have worked well though.

I use Shin-Etsu but can't tell a darned bit of difference between it and my cheap Zalman paste that game with a VF900, and AS5, and Arctic Cooling MX-1.

I just go with Shin-etsu and MX1, MX2 because I don't like settling for 2nd best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom