Building a computer - Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastdesi

Banned
I want to build the following computer and please note that I am in Canada so pricing is different.

Cpu : Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 - 99$
MOBO : S775 GIGA GA-P35-DS3L P35 PCIE - 109$ -------> Is this MOBO Good or should I get Asus or other?
Ram: Crucial Ballistix or OCZ Reaper?

I would like to overclock it to the max if possible which I think is 3.8 or 4.0?
Which cooling system is better?
1. Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme - 65$
2. EVERCOOL Silver Knight CPU Water Cooler WC-601 - 75$
3. eBay.ca: WC 202 Cooler VGA CPU Computer Liquid Water Cooling> (item 110188436178 end time 10-Nov-07 01:23:08 EST) - 110$
4. eBay.ca: Kingwin Computer Water Liguid Cooling CPU Cooler new > (item 110188435819 end time 10-Nov-07 01:20:42 EST) - 75$

hmm.. ur probably gonna limit at 3.7ghz ish.. cuz people have been stuck getting past there... rule of thumb with water cooling.. don't spend under 250$ or its gonna crap on you sometime...

get the Kingwin Gladiator (i've heard good things about it).. its a self-sustained water cooler (its like a Air cooler that has water in it already)

Is Kingwin gladiator gonna be better than Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme... because ive seen many good reviews about thermalright

I just checked, thermalright ultra beats everything and kingwin gladiator is like the junk one:
Aircooled Heatsink Roundup

so thermalright ultra would be good for me and its cheaper

and wat about the ram is reaper good or platinum? cpu is good for that price and mobo too?

ehh ocz so much much annoying platnium revivisions.

reapers have that copper thing sticking out which is good for heat disapation while check the platniums if their 1t or 2t, 1t should be slightly faster.

In the end they perform pretty much the same...

hows crucial Ballistix? OCZ Reaper or Crucial Ballistix?

and is my mobo good? or should i get asus?

The abit Ip35-E is very similar to the DS3L except for that it overclocks a little better. The highest E21xx series overclocks on air have been recorded on that board with a TT120 lapped. I have seen 3.8ghz on an E2180 with one stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom