psu opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
looking at getting a new one.
so far, these are my two top choices. in you guys opinion, which one is better, and why? also open to new suggestions.
Newegg.com - SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus SS-650HT ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX ATX12V V2.2 550W Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

needs to have 8pin cpu connector for my 590 mobo, and needs to have SLI ability for my next (coming soon) 8800gt.
would like plenty of amps on 12V, obviously. check out how many that seasonic has, dang. corsair may be border-line for 2 GT's (bear in mind overclocks), current OC'd cpu, and the new AMD cpu i'm (probably) getting in the next month or two. i only run 1 sata HDD, 1 IDE backup, and 1 DVD burner. most of juice for cpu and GC.
thanks.

actually i like the 520 you listed, seen it before. good price. good amps, although i am noticing another 18A on the seasonic, for only 20 bucks more.
think that will last me awhile v-dog?
with another 8800gt (or the next better card that comes out, heh)?
and a new agena?

Not that you could go wrong with any of the linked PSU's in this thread, they are all relatively the same quiality wise. As in A+ quality...

actually i like the 520 you listed, seen it before. good price. good amps, although i am noticing another 18A on the seasonic, for only 20 bucks more.
think that will last me awhile v-dog?
with another 8800gt (or the next better card that comes out, heh)?
and a new agena?

most definitely n-dogg..

i think its got enough amps for a lot of crap.... maybe you can get a better overclock..

Seasonic makes the insides for pc power and cooling 610, and for the corsair 550 and 650HX.

Seasonic does not manufactor the psu for the VX series.

I have the 610 Pc power and cooling and I am loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom