Nvidia vs. Radeon ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, thank you, 8800gt it is

anyone know if any form of DX-10 will make its way into XP? I really, really, really, really, don't feel like dealing with Vista

There has been some news, of people unlocking some features of DX10 on XP, but still isn't true DX10. Besides, DX10 isn't significantly different from DX9, in my opinion. Both still look awesome.

No. MS will never bring DX10 to XP. The best you can do is somethign in crysis that can almost make it look like its tryign to fake DX10. DX9 vs DX10 is all opinion. Some people think the difference is huge, others say its nearly non existant. It's up to you to decide.

And I have 0 problems with vista. Which is more than I can say about the headaches XP gave me XD But why waste the money on vista if you're already running XP fine.

BonKerz said:
will my 500w psu hold up with a 8800gt?

Depending on the amps on the +12 v rails.....check the sticker label on your PSU, and look under where it says +12v. There may be more then one +12v rail. So check for +12v1, v2, etc.

i dont know what is with ppl and hating vista, especially when they are buying new hardware for it. like i know most of my mates are using XP and hate vista with a passion cause they installed it and nothin worked, cause they all have 3+ year old computers. Yeah, fair enough, vista sucks @ old compatability, but if you are building a new rig everything for it will work in vista generally. actually, i've never heard of something new NOT working in vista, but I'm sure many posts will be left after this listing things, ahha.

But yeah, I built my rig about 3 months after vista came out, only thing that doesnt work perfect in it is my sound card, but that was made a fair while before vista was out, and the only thing that doesnt work about it is the diagnostic tools.

but yeah, i love vista, brilliant OS imo. much prefer it to XP.

i dont know what is with ppl and hating vista, especially when they are buying new hardware for it. like i know most of my mates are using XP and hate vista with a passion cause they installed it and nothin worked, cause they all have 3+ year old computers. Yeah, fair enough, vista sucks @ old compatability, but if you are building a new rig everything for it will work in vista generally. actually, i've never heard of something new NOT working in vista, but I'm sure many posts will be left after this listing things, ahha.

But yeah, I built my rig about 3 months after vista came out, only thing that doesnt work perfect in it is my sound card, but that was made a fair while before vista was out, and the only thing that doesnt work about it is the diagnostic tools.

but yeah, i love vista, brilliant OS imo. much prefer it to XP.

I agree. The pc im using vista on is 2 years old now and it still works.
One thing I found is that the fear multiplayer that came with the game itself just crapped out on me. I'm just gonna download fear combat instead >.> Dont know if its because of vista or not. Could be just the fact that im runnign half the minimum specs lol.

Anyhow a lot of people hate it because it does consumer more resources and demands more performance than xp. People tend to hate change, gettign rid of soemthign their familiar and comfortable with. I love new crap so I was pumped when I got vista, even if things slowed down a bit. Which will change when I run my new setup XD

back to graphics cards real quick, 8800gt over the 8800gts or 8800gtx

i was looking at the GTS and it seems like the only downside against the GT is that it has a slower clock speed, and less stream processors, but it has higher memory, higher memory interface.. although it would seem to me that clock speed and stream processors would mean more in the performance department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom